November 19, 2011
Looking thru my external hard drive the other day, I realized I’ve done quite a bit of drawing these past couple of years. If a fortune teller told me I’d like sketching some day, I would think she had me mistaken. Here’s a collage of my favorite blog posts and art pieces that I’ve done over the last 2 years. Some pieces were chosen because “at the time” it was a break through for me.
For those of you new to my blog, you may not have seen all of these images so I thought I’d share.
1. Senior Sketch- portrait sketch done of my daughter’s senior picture. If only I could replicate wavy hair.
2. Gnome with No Gname- he has since been named.
3. Who Says- Fun with color and script in a peacock sort of way.
4. Teen Lingo- My AbSoLuTe favorite post of all
5. Dancing in Pointe Shoes- I was surprised that I could sketch these
6. Zelda Zany- just a fun zentangled bird to go with Zack, Zander and Zamora
7. Foot Fetish- one of my first contour drawings
8. Mural Drawing- done for the Sketchbook Project
9. Hippie Chick- I adore this birds outfit and really dig her purse.
10. Dance Line- lots of practice with contour drawing
11. Prep Pages- just a fun art journal page
12. Body-Mind-Spirit- done in 2009 for NaNoJouMo , where we were given a word prompt then we could draw anything we wanted from the prompt.
13. Artist’s Bird- here I talk about right brain vs. left brain thinking
14. Angel- recent Art Journal page
15. Rajasthani Dancer- a super fun figure to draw
16. Kokopelli Dancers- used stencils for these guys and slow-journaled between the figures
17. WaterDoodle Series- really fun to do if you like to zentangle and be exact with your work.
18. Jen the Gemini- trying to make my teen birds a little more appealing
19. Vogue- a word prompt for NaNoJouMo, one of my first drawn faces.
20. Celtic Knot- pretty cool video in the post teaches you how to make this…..(not my youtube).
21. Diver Girl- body sketch….need I say more.
22. College Bird- love her backpack
23. Purity- another NaNoJouMo word prompt
24. Matryoshka series- 5 dolls in all, loved creating these stacking dolls.
25. Sketch Parade- body sketch….need I say more.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden