May 17, 2010

Introducing Lauren…..

image

Lauren- the Littlest Doll……she is one who will roll with the punches. Not too much upsets her unless you take her food. She’s learned to get attention by being adorable and engaging. She feels like she’s always a step behind her older sisters. Most of the time, one of them will slow down and let her catch up. It’s a good thing too, since she was made without hands!

RussianDollsPic2

Yahoo! I’m DONE (for now)!!! This was a fun little self-assignment! I would encourage any of you to do a series of something you like as well! Because it forced me to draw different faces, to draw “very simple” hands in assorted poses, to try out a variety of hair scarves or hoods, to sketch different hair and different eyes! I still have so much to learn! My favorite part of all of this was I was able to play with color and pattern! Ahhhh!!!!! Heaven!!!

image

Lastly, I’ve got to show you some real Matryoshka’s nesting dolls that my DH (Dear Husband) just brought home. He’s had them sitting in some desk drawer for 2 years. These were given to him by a friend that bought them in the Ukraine, for a whopping 80 cents! Can you believe it? Aren’t they cute? Cool too, that they are dressed in my all-time favorite colors of red and green, huh? Since we know someone who frequents the Ukraine, this may be my only way to get that set with a dozen or so nesting dolls I was talking about Here, Hmmmm…….

5 comments:

Janet said...

All your dolls are so cute. This is a great little set....they would make cute boxed greeting cards.

lori vliegen said...

your little babushkas are SO sweet!!! i love every single one of them.....they each have such cute personalities! and i just realized that i have something in common with lauren....i get a little grumpy when someone tries to take my food away, too!!! keep doodlin', sister!!! :))

Marthann's Musings said...

Oh these little ones are so precious. I have just loved watching each one emerge. I just love it. You are so talented and whimsical

Serena Lewis said...

How sweet they all look! You did a great job with the variations....I think Mary is my favourite. I remember having a set of nesting dolls in a Native American theme some years ago.

Nice work, Eden!

trish said...

love all the doll art, and the real ones too:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden