May 16, 2010
I thought I’d show you my marker stash! As you can see it contains numerous, Sharpie poster water-based markers, Sharpie ultra-fine, Bic Mark-its ultra-fine, Faber-Castell pitt pens, Gelly Rolls, Sakura Microns, and some Marvy LePlume’s. I think the good thing about having all these different brands of pens is that the colors vary ever so slightly. If I want to draw something in a bunch of green’s for example, I can pull out about 8-10 different greens from my stash and each one will vary slightly in color or tone!
I prefer the nibs of the Sharpie ultra-fines and the Bic Ultra-fines to the Faber-Castell Brush nibs, because once you’ve used the FC brush pen a few times, the brush gets a little sloppy. I’m all for precision and control! Unless I have to color in a big space then the Brush nibs are great (Faber-Castell, Sakura, LePlume). The gelly rolls have such vibrant colors but make sure you let them dry before you close your notebook or lay your hand on top of them! Ugh! Only takes a few minutes to dry though…..However, they will retain a certain shine afterwards
I really liked the Collide, Circle Suns and Rainbow boxes here! Not much of a swirl-girl, the Branch swirls are hard for me!! Probably my wrist isn’t very flexible! Nothing like another zig-zag to keep boredom at bay!
Loved the Tiny Circles that I’ve seen so often on flickr. I probably should’ve varied the size more, would’ve made it more interesting. The Numerical and Alpha Huddles were the result of having a little fun with my stencils!
The wood grain, spider web and straw spindles would be a good reminder for me when I do a total black/white zentangle.
Pulled out my good dSLR for these shots. I wanted to play with my aperture settings and composition!
I think my guardian angel’s wondering what color she’ll use next!
- ► 2014 (27)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Kokopelli Dancers
- Summer Kicks Off….
- Thursday’s Child
- Psychodelic page
- Introducing Lauren…..
- Doodle Directory continued….
- My Blue Babushka
- Interview with “Tammy of Daisy Yellow”
- Out of my COMFORT ZONE!!
- Going Graphic
- Matryoshka nesting doll 2
- idk…..i don’t know
- Just another Bird……
- Print and Pattern……Book Review
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden