May 10, 2010

Going Graphic

image

Had to take a little break from birdie & babushka drawing!! Needed a no-brainer and a chance to use some of the elements from my doodle directory and doodle stimulus pages. The inspiration for this was found at flickr. I was drawn to the repetitive nature of this piece, and yet the details make it so interesting.

I limited myself to black/grays in alternating squares, with reds/oranges in the opposing lines. Actually, I really wanted to alternate the line of black/grays with reds/orange, then BLUES, then GREENS, etc…but I messed up and then I had to go with the original plan! Ahhhh well, the downside of manual art. If done in photoshop it would be as simple as a Ctrl-Z (undo) to fix!!!

image

(Hey, Tammy do you recognize your doodle on my monitor? )

I like the black white look, I do! But, I find if I only do a piece in b/w that I’m missing something! It’s like it’s calling me to color it in! Yep, my inner pre-school teacher is wanting to get in and fill the white space!! I’ve learned that I might as well let her color if that’s what she wants! I’m happier that way!! LOL!

image

Ta-Da…..the finished piece! Good thing I have lots of fabric, sure helps set the tone for these pictures!

5 comments:

Marthann's Musings said...

Awesome, I love it. I think I will try something similar. You do alot of the kind of design work that is my favorite to see and do. Great work. Looks like you must have really had fun doing it.
Happy Monday.

chel said...

I LOVE this. I would love a deck of cards with these designs.

Janet said...

WOW!!!!! That is fantastic! I love doing very graphic pieces too. If I've done a lot of curvy, flowing lines then I have a need to do something more controlled. And I also understand the B&W versus color thing. I love the crisp look of B&W but I do love me some COLOR!!

Susan said...

Your work is beyond cool. This is my first time over to visit your blog.

OMG I think I'm a birdie junkie too!

FABULOUS

cheers
Susan

Tiffani said...

Inspiring! I've just recently entered this world of "doodling" and have started with some ATC's because they are small, but your squares and so forth are even better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden