May 11, 2010

Out of my COMFORT ZONE!!

babushka4

Patty- the Pink Matryoshka……she makes everything look so easy! She cooks, she cleans, she’s always there for her family. She’s put her life on hold. But what can you expect she’s just a doll! Being a good wife, mother, and person takes a lot of work. Some days she’s better at one than the other. She’s a Work-In-Progress! aren’t we all?

I’m so out of my comfort zone with these pinks and purples! So nice of the color generator to throw in an orange for me, I’m much obliged. I like orange! Oh, let me show you…..while doing my google search I came across THIS set of nesting dolls which really cracked me up. The first one is having a hard day, I’d say. I‘ve had a few of those…yep, sure have!

BabushkaSet

One of these is not like the others………

I think I’ll do a set of 5 of these dolls total. Just two more to go. I’ll try staying out of my comfort zone a little longer and do a doll in the blue series. Blue’s really not so bad, it’s just such a cool color. I’m more drawn to the warms! That’s the reds, oranges, yellows, and greens.

Have you been out of your comfort zone lately??

3 comments:

Janet said...

You did great with the pinks and purples! That touch of orange really added to it.

Love that set of dolls you linked to....I've definitely had days like that!!

Serena Lewis said...

I sure can relate to the nesting dolls you linked too. As for the ones you've been working on....I think you did a great job with the pinks, purples and orange. :)

lori vliegen said...

good for you for hangin' outside your comfort zone for a while.....you're much braver than i am!!! i love those stress dolls.......i need a set of those!! keep having fun with your pinks and purples......xox, :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden