May 20, 2010

Psychodelic page

Psychodelic2

I got the idea to do this page from Janet from this post. I hadn’t done a page like this in markers yet, so off I went to color it up. I was able to use some of the doodles from my doodle directory pages, which helped. I’ve been thinking a lot about positive space and negative space (white space). If I’m doodling I have a hard time letting the white space be. I want to squeeze color into every little spot, if I can. But i don’t have the Teesha Moore flair for this. I’m much more standardized! Lines should be straight and colors should be complementary. How will I ever get onto the next level this way? So, that’s why I did this psycho page! To loosen up my creative hand. To practice.

Some old journaling was added to the white space to help me work on my letters! Wanted to do it the slow-journaling way, but had way too much to write.

Design theories probably have a lot to say about this, the how’s, the why’s, the when’s. I think white space helps to rest the eye, to draw us to the main object.

Interesting Articles:

Power of Negative Thinking

Negative space

Whitespace

A Negative view of White space

Interesting Pictures:

White Space drawing

Negative Space Pic

How do you like to work? Is your natural tendency to have more white (negative) space or more positive space?

4 comments:

Janet said...

Great psychedelic page!! As for the way I work....I seldom plan anything. I do like to have a lot of color but I also leave some white spaces....I guess it all depends. Mostly I'd say I don't think about what I'm doing, I just do it and hope for the best.

trish said...

Love the page, the colors-writing, everything!

Elena said...

Oh boy I'm a perfectionist and this looks like a great way to break me of that. It came out beautiful. Now I have to go check out Janet's post. Love your writing, by the way.

Anonymous said...

I just can not imagine with strong your blog greatly that helped me. God bless you “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden