November 20, 2010

Facing Forward…...Mural Drawing



I looked and looked on Flickr for a person painting a mural.  I wanted to see the entire person, actually I wanted to find a girl painting a mural from about this distance away……No luck, none!! Ugh!!  So, off I went to draw an imaginary person and I’m not very happy with her.   She’s too simple and in my mind I had her more realistic.  But she works.  Enough.



Decided that I'd do the block background in the Rainbow colors.  You remember how I like those colors?



This is a total take on my Sketchbook Project’s Welcome Page.   I enjoyed doing that page so much, I thought I’d do a repeat.



This little Zen bird appears sad, must be the slant of the eyes……But really he’s not.



Just plain fun to fill in the Bird with all different random doodles and patterns….



I really would’ve spent more time on the girl IF I had something to mirror!  I may have to try this again, assuming I can find the right picture.   The neat thing about this mural drawing is once I get the person drawn I can put any drawing I want in the background, anything.  Ahhh, the possibilities!



I was contemplating putting some grass sprouts and weeds along the bottom of the mural….you know to look like the setting is outdoors…..But I didn’t think I could pull it off, because I drew and filled in the drawing first.  Maybe next time.

15 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

This looks so cool, Eden! I like the way you have drawn the artist painting the mural. Nice work!

Dawn said...

whatever, i think she is great! I love it,as always.

Jodi Ohl said...

LOVE it ! Nice work, all that detail is so fun to discover :)

Dawn said...

ok, i couldn't find your e-mail addy, so here are a few flickr pictures i found that MIGHT help you out, if you haven't already seen them. I like to research :) And there are some amazing murals out there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/somefm/4876619082/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpe_feline/539719940/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/plywerk/1895810892/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26588367@N02/3540691262/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10089490@N06/3632808275/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elliebrown/3668950353/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myteaone/4119334709/

Jenny said...

This is lovely work! I love your style and the contrast of the black and white with your solid colour. Brilliant! :)

Eden said...

Thanks for your nice comments!!

@Dawn- Those are great mural pics....I've added a few to my favorites, too!! Thanks for the links :) Where were you 3 days ago??? LOL!!

Louise said...

Wonderful to see this coming together! The contrast between the vivid colours and the black and white on the one hand and the size of the figure and the bird on the other really make this picture.

b said...

Wow! This is soo good! Makes me want to break out my pens and do some doodling. B.

Priscilla said...

This is amazing, love the colors.

Diane M. McKnight, MA, LMSW, Art Therapist/Psychotherapist/Artist said...

I love the various designs on the bird. The contrast between the intricacy of the bird and the simple rainbow squares is very striking!

rachel awes said...

this is SO MUCH FUN!
i love her hair & top..
& love EVERYTHING SHE'S PAINTING...
just like you, sweet friend,
just like you!
xox

Anonymous said...

Eden...haven't been by in awhile...you have done some marvelous projects! I love all the color with the zen bird on this and the quartet of people in one of your previous posts.
Mary

Unknown said...

I LOVE this- I love the colors and the doodles that make up the bird. Lovely and so cheerful!

Liberty said...

Eden I LOVE this! It's great!

suzanne cabrera said...

LOVE your fearless use of color! Way to be bold!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden