November 20, 2010
I looked and looked on Flickr for a person painting a mural. I wanted to see the entire person, actually I wanted to find a girl painting a mural from about this distance away……No luck, none!! Ugh!! So, off I went to draw an imaginary person and I’m not very happy with her. She’s too simple and in my mind I had her more realistic. But she works. Enough.
Decided that I'd do the block background in the Rainbow colors. You remember how I like those colors?
This is a total take on my Sketchbook Project’s Welcome Page. I enjoyed doing that page so much, I thought I’d do a repeat.
This little Zen bird appears sad, must be the slant of the eyes……But really he’s not.
Just plain fun to fill in the Bird with all different random doodles and patterns….
I really would’ve spent more time on the girl IF I had something to mirror! I may have to try this again, assuming I can find the right picture. The neat thing about this mural drawing is once I get the person drawn I can put any drawing I want in the background, anything. Ahhh, the possibilities!
I was contemplating putting some grass sprouts and weeds along the bottom of the mural….you know to look like the setting is outdoors…..But I didn’t think I could pull it off, because I drew and filled in the drawing first. Maybe next time.
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Senior Pictures
- Happy Thanksgiving
- This month’s….. Artsy Blogger Round-Up
- Facing Forward…...Mural Drawing
- Thank you for your submissions
- List It Tuesday….Teen-Lingo
- Coloring Book Style……
- Facing Forward…..in a coloring book
- Follower Appreciation
- Facing Forward…in Incognito…..FINAL
- Facing Forward….in Incognito….Part 2
- Facing Forward…...in Incognito…Part 1
- List it Tuesday…..on Wednesday
- Art Every Day Month……AEDM
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden