November 29, 2010
I thought I’d be further along with this by now, but my “drawing time” was interrupted by some much needed psycho cleaning! After being gone for almost a week and spending time in some really clean houses, I felt a little bad for my pad. Hours later, chores done, I’m feeling much inspired. So, I thought I’d share my latest drawing with you. Plus, I’ve missed you guys!! Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!
The good thing about stepping back and posting these here is…I can see I don’t have the face shape correct on the interior (left) side. Will try to fix that, ASAP!
Little FYI for you: Did you know that an artist (A really good artist) cannot display their painting/drawing if it was drawn from a Studio picture because of the copyright??? I did not know this…. it’s a good thing I’m not that good!!
I sharpened my graphite pencil a few times as I attempted the teeth here…..But will need to go in and tone some of those edges down…..Geez!! A little tombstone-y here, I think!
Don’t look too closely at the hair off the forehead, because it really doesn’t match the picture, but I must say it was fun to draw!!
Oh, I’ve got to show you this book I just picked up.
Secrets to Drawing Realistic Faces by Carrie Stuart Parks
The book was written by this lady who has done Composite Drawings for the FBI since ‘81. She thought it best to teach a class on composite drawing to Police Officers so that more bad guys can be caught. The book is an extension of her class. A very well written book, with face “rules” which helped me to break down the dimensions of the photograph.
All for now!!
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Senior Pictures
- Happy Thanksgiving
- This month’s….. Artsy Blogger Round-Up
- Facing Forward…...Mural Drawing
- Thank you for your submissions
- List It Tuesday….Teen-Lingo
- Coloring Book Style……
- Facing Forward…..in a coloring book
- Follower Appreciation
- Facing Forward…in Incognito…..FINAL
- Facing Forward….in Incognito….Part 2
- Facing Forward…...in Incognito…Part 1
- List it Tuesday…..on Wednesday
- Art Every Day Month……AEDM
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden