November 7, 2010

Facing Forward….in Incognito….Part 2



After sketching this out for a day, I decided it was “good enough”  (sometimes ya just gotta go for it).  So, I brought out my Faber Castel XS black pen for the outlining..  I like to define my edges, be clear on what my boundaries are.  I’ve also found that after outlining the image, the ink can stand up to my eraser as I erase the bulkier graphite lines.

Incognito5

Once all was outlined, it was time to play!!  Having already decided this wasn’t going to be a “realistic” drawing this really freed me up to try out some new doodle patterns.  I like the idea of using just black and white designs, but I was drawn to using just a “dash of color” on each person.   I think it gives them personality, LOL!!

Incognito6


I tried to make it even with the amount of color I used on each person.  I really, really wanted to use more color than you see here….but I refrained!

image

I’m a bit embarrassed to show this….the eyes on the yelllow-girl are totally not right!!  Have no idea if I can remedy them. 

As always, this drawing is telling me what to do next…..I just hope I can pull it off……stay tuned :D

13 comments:

JP said...

I like what you have done. The patterning and touch of color is very interesting. Seeing that I envisioned "black and white", I think that was a good idea!

xinme said...

I think this is awesome, and I love that you showed the process. It inspires me:)

Judy Hartman said...

Are you kidding - this is fantastic!!
I enjoyed seeing your process and love the detail you are bringing to the clothing! I'm going back to look at the rest of your artwork.
Love it!

Unknown said...

Eden- I think it's amazing! If I could draw like this, I'd blow it up, frame it, and put it on the front lawn with glowing lights that said "LOOK WHAT I MADE!"

Alisa @ A stitch in between said...

I love how this turned out! It's so funky, I really enjoyed looking at progress pictures!

Janet said...

Another great piece of art from you! The touches of color are just right and add a little spice to the mix.

Morph Waffle said...

Very cool, I love all the patterns in black ink!

Dawn said...

i love it. what makes it YOU is the fantastic doodling patterns you use, and i love the restrained use of color. good job!

aimee said...

i am loving the evolution of this one!

Leah said...

I adore the patterns in the clothing! It's great to see the work in progress!

Serena Lewis said...

I love the blue ensemble!

Julia Christie said...

I think this turned out great! Love all the textures and details.

Hard to refrain from really doodling the heck out of a piece like this isn't it?

Smiles

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Great drawing Eden. Love the patterns and colours.
Lee:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden