November 7, 2010
After sketching this out for a day, I decided it was “good enough” (sometimes ya just gotta go for it). So, I brought out my Faber Castel XS black pen for the outlining.. I like to define my edges, be clear on what my boundaries are. I’ve also found that after outlining the image, the ink can stand up to my eraser as I erase the bulkier graphite lines.
Once all was outlined, it was time to play!! Having already decided this wasn’t going to be a “realistic” drawing this really freed me up to try out some new doodle patterns. I like the idea of using just black and white designs, but I was drawn to using just a “dash of color” on each person. I think it gives them personality, LOL!!
I tried to make it even with the amount of color I used on each person. I really, really wanted to use more color than you see here….but I refrained!
I’m a bit embarrassed to show this….the eyes on the yelllow-girl are totally not right!! Have no idea if I can remedy them.
As always, this drawing is telling me what to do next…..I just hope I can pull it off……stay tuned :D
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Senior Pictures
- Happy Thanksgiving
- This month’s….. Artsy Blogger Round-Up
- Facing Forward…...Mural Drawing
- Thank you for your submissions
- List It Tuesday….Teen-Lingo
- Coloring Book Style……
- Facing Forward…..in a coloring book
- Follower Appreciation
- Facing Forward…in Incognito…..FINAL
- Facing Forward….in Incognito….Part 2
- Facing Forward…...in Incognito…Part 1
- List it Tuesday…..on Wednesday
- Art Every Day Month……AEDM
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden