I can’t believe I will actually be participating in List It Tuesday…. on Tuesday. Yes, the delights of this Blog Boss!!!
Here is a quick list of the Top 10 words spoken by my Daughter to me this past weekend. We spent 36 hours side by side as I drove her on a college visit to another state. I think it’s funny how not only is she one to not talk a lot (at least to me), but 50% of the words she likes to communicate with are made up of 4 letters or less! Hmmmmm……I would be floored if she becomes a public speaker at any time in her life! Floored!!
- Touché- When I’ve figured out the right answer to why she does something.
- Whatever- When she really doesn’t want to do what I ask her to do. Or is stalling.
- What- If I look at her at any time.
- Stop- If I don’t avert my eyes after she’s said “What”.
- Fine- If I tell her not to do something she is wanting to do.
- Random- If I communicate with her about my day, or make a statement about life in general.
- Sure- If I ask her a Yes or No question
- Obviously- If I agree with what she is doing
- Congratulations- If I figure out something that I didn’t know before….usually pertaining to her school life, her social life or her sports life.
- MOM !!- If #3 and #4 hasn’t diverted my attention and now she really means it!
If I was really good at drawing I’d make it look like her feet are up on the dashboard. Not that we drive that way or anything.
I use the big Copic-like markers for my skin tone drawings these days. I am not happy with the flesh tones in the Faber Castell series. The ink tends to appear too streaky.
Hard to get to know somebody who doesn’t want to be known…..probably because they have NO CLUE who they are yet…..They know what they can do, they just don’t know what to think about it.