November 22, 2010
I don’t know what it is that I like so much about drawing these birds but they sure are fun! I was a little unsure how I’d portray this Thanksgiving Bird. I was given some ideas of the bird talking to the turkey and saying “Bill, is that you?”, but that’s in poor taste….Funny….but in poor taste. Then I was told that female Indians aren’t allowed to wear Chief Headdresses….but this is a Helen Reddy bird (you may be too young to remember the song “I am Woman”) and she pretty much wears what’s she wants, when she wants. After all, it’s her party!
I could draw and color Headdresses all day!! Really!
I brought the kiddo-birds in because I wanted to show some excitement at finally being able to eat the turkey. After many hours of smelling it’s sweet aroma!
Just another shot of the unfinished Bird and friends.
Helen the Thanksgiving Host…….She takes hosting the Family Thanksgiving meal to a whole new level…..Yes, she really does dress up for the occasion, and yes she even puts her kids in costume. No one complains and her family & friends have gotten used to her little quirks. She is the Number One BEST COOK you’d ever want to meet. She thoroughly enjoys everything about this day. She gets up early to dress the 3 turkeys she cooks (baked, fried and smoked), the Honey Baked Ham will be prepared a little later….but what really sets eating at Helen’s house apart is the 9 pies she makes the week of Thanksgiving! Yep, NINE!!
You can still download the Uncolored Drawing of this Bird from HERE……(might be a good way to keep all those Pilgrims and Indians occupied while awaiting the feast). I'm just saying.
Well guys!! I hope you all have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!! My sympathies go out to all of you that plan to venture out on Black Friday too!
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Senior Pictures
- Happy Thanksgiving
- This month’s….. Artsy Blogger Round-Up
- Facing Forward…...Mural Drawing
- Thank you for your submissions
- List It Tuesday….Teen-Lingo
- Coloring Book Style……
- Facing Forward…..in a coloring book
- Follower Appreciation
- Facing Forward…in Incognito…..FINAL
- Facing Forward….in Incognito….Part 2
- Facing Forward…...in Incognito…Part 1
- List it Tuesday…..on Wednesday
- Art Every Day Month……AEDM
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden