July 8, 2011

A Gnome With No Gname

 

This title is a total play on the song “A Horse With No Name” from the late 70’s.  And since I like alliteration statements I cheated and added the G to “name”!!  How in the world did our language develop to having a G in front of an N and have that pronounced as an N-sound??  Why even fool with the G??  Beats me!



A few weeks ago a friend at work asked me if I could draw her a gnome.   I said I’d try, and off I went to research and see what exactly they look like.   Lots of different ones out there and all quite cute.  I liked this guy the most.

I stood up to snap a picture of the Gnome at this stage and the next thing I knew…. I was still standing there organizing my markers.  First, I had to grab all my available sharpie fine-point markers, then my Faber Castell pens…..and of course…. the colors had to be lined up “just so”.  Can anyone say O.C.D.??  Ah well, even so, it sure helps to make a prettier picture.  LOL!!



So….if any of you Smart People out there have a suggestion for a Gnaming my Gnome, I’d love to hear it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noah the Gnome :)

He's gorgeous, can't wait to see the colours .

Jp said...

I would Name him G

JP said...

on second thought....

his name should be NG (with a silent N!)

Lisa said...

Very cute. I have a similar brand of crafter's ADD.

rachel awes said...

doodlezog

love him!
kisses to his cheeks!
xox

Unknown said...

I think his name should be... Gnick :)

Janet said...

I'm not good with names but he sure is a cutie!

Eden said...

Wow!! You guys are good and so creative! I love these names!! Really!! And Lisa, I know what you mean about the A.D.D., I think multi-tasking also makes us A.D.D.!! LOL!!

Rhomany said...

I think he looks like a Gnorman.

Dawn said...

i love it!! especially the markers lined up in beautiful color-order! :)

young-eclectic-encounters said...

I'm not vert good at names, but he sure is cute, I think he would make a very good coloring and naming contest like you did with the bird and the turkey.
Johnina :^A

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden