July 16, 2011

Glad Goldie



It was time for another bird….not one quite so Zany!  One, a little more normal (if there is such a thing).



I wanted to show the festive spirit of this bird, hence the balloons!



Lots of color was needed in her dress, and I didn’t think the markers could give me the look I wanted this time!  So, out came those wonderful watercolor pencils!  Love the way they show individual color variations.



Goldie, the Gift-Giver…..she really can’t help herself, she just does what comes naturally.  She GIVES!  She listens to what her friends say, she sees what her family needs.  Then she spots the perfect gift months ahead of time.  She’ll buy it and hide it away until the Big Day!  She enjoys the whole presentation; the paper, the ribbons, the cards and the Surprise!  It just makes her day to see others smile!

The only problem I've found when I get too ahead of myself in the gift-giving department is…..I’ll forget I bought something or I lose the present!  Not Good!  Hahaha!

5 comments:

JP said...

You could have called Goldie "JP" because I really enjoy finding just the right gift and am challenged to remember where I put it in safe keeping!

My friend in the cupcake business is going to especially love Goldie.

Unknown said...

She's beautiful, and I love the sentiment behind her!

Janet said...

Gorgeous Glad Goldie!

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Great new bird and the buying ahead of time then forgetting and losing sounds familar LOL I do try however. Fun art and personality- thanks for sharing

Silvia Graciliano said...

Thank you...You saved me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden