August 23, 2011
Had to make a college bird because I’m overwhelmed with the get-my-child-to-college-and-not-forget-anything preparations. Oh my, lots goes into getting these young people set up especially if they are going away to school.
It is fun when I get to pick the color of her tee.
I’d like to find a backpack with this design! Haha
Keira……the college freshman. It’s her first day of classes and she thought she’d get lost on campus, but she surprised herself and made it to each class on time. She even met some other nice students. She is loving this new freedom. She has to fight the urge to facebook friend request everyone she meets. Otherwise, she won’t get any studying done…..we can only hope!
So much is going on with this age group isn’t there? They’re learning how to be independent, manage money, and listening to lectures in some classrooms with over a 100 students. Easy to feel invisible. But they’ll probably learn more about themselves and people in these 4 years than ever before.
I approached my daughter last week and asked her to take that Myers-Briggs personality test so that I can figure her out better (yeah….right!). But she couldn’t be bothered. If you’re interested here’s the free on-line test, it’s only about 70 questions, took me less than 5 minutes to take. I came out as an INTJ. I think this stuff is fun. Have you taken this type of test and what are your thoughts?
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- Donna n.e.e.d.s. to Draw
- Back to school Bird
- I <3 Moleskines!
- A sketch of a Person on a Paddleboard….fini
- A sketch showing some potential….part 4
- A sketch beginning to take shape….part 3
- A sketch with SOME proportional sense….part 2
- A sketch with No SeNsE of PrOpOrTiOn….part 1
- Time flies
- He Who Must Not Be Named…..travels to Florida
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden