August 20, 2011
Yes, It’s true….love these little books! So uniform, so predictable, many paper choices and that little black band secures the contents so well. Perfect! Excellent! Wonderful!
This post is going to have lots-of-pictures, be forewarned. I thought I’d show the scratch-pages, the drawings that I either gave up on, or tried something new with, the practice pages if you will. Some are kind of funny, some boring, some sloppy. But they’re practice pages and they worked for me at the time.
*trying an alphabet stencil out.
*colored pencils at work here, I found I like the markers or the watercolor pencils much better.
*trying to see if those watercolor pencils can make a tye-dye look.
*this is my kind of VIBRANT
*just a quote I came across while trolling some blogs.
*practicing stencil writing and watercolors on same page. Markers used here too.
*Another quote I like.
*just a bunch of stencil play
*playing with color
*This was a fun one.
*Used those dip inks here. The paint used for the flowers is iridescent, but hard to tell in this shot.
*I think my goal was to fill the entire page with color
*the word prompt was Endeavor and I didn’t like how this turned out, so I never posted it to the NaNoJouMo group.
*I’m working on a logo. You may see more on this.
Are you still here? My goodness, Thank You for sticking around so long. Hope you found this entertaining to look thru my old moleskines and see the things I was testing out. We all have to have our play pages! Funny how I wouldn’t dare post the pics right when I drew them, but now that I have a little distance from them I don’t cringe so much. Hahaha
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- Donna n.e.e.d.s. to Draw
- Back to school Bird
- I <3 Moleskines!
- A sketch of a Person on a Paddleboard….fini
- A sketch showing some potential….part 4
- A sketch beginning to take shape….part 3
- A sketch with SOME proportional sense….part 2
- A sketch with No SeNsE of PrOpOrTiOn….part 1
- Time flies
- He Who Must Not Be Named…..travels to Florida
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden