August 11, 2011
Slowly, the figure is gaining her identity. S.l.o.w.l.y. I used to be irritated when my drawings came out so misshapen….now, it’s “par for the course” and I’m not as afraid of the early graphite marks.
Had to play around a lot with the shoulder(s), the head, and the front forearm. It’s apply small line….erase…apply tiny curve here…erase…. apply curve there then.
Yes, I’ve fed my drawing Growth Hormone, isn’t the disparity obnoxious? I use more paper than necessary.
I will see more imbalances tomorrow. Just the way I work. Distance helps…..oh yeah, and patience. My favorite part is not too far away……shading! Goody-Goody!
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- Donna n.e.e.d.s. to Draw
- Back to school Bird
- I <3 Moleskines!
- A sketch of a Person on a Paddleboard….fini
- A sketch showing some potential….part 4
- A sketch beginning to take shape….part 3
- A sketch with SOME proportional sense….part 2
- A sketch with No SeNsE of PrOpOrTiOn….part 1
- Time flies
- He Who Must Not Be Named…..travels to Florida
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden