August 10, 2011
There is no Fan-fare with sketching…..none….at least for me. Sketching doesn’t appeal to the masses like true art does….IMHO (in my humble opinion). UNLESS, you sketch something for someone. You know, draw a picture of a family (or member) for them to display; at the top of the stairs, along the staircase, in the foyer, above the fireplace. This is when the real profiteers can hone their talent with the task.
But for me…..
I just like sketching. Don’t know why, possibly it’s cuz I get to copy. And tweak toward perfection.
With my birthday next month, I think I know what I want. Look at my pencil stash, there’s 7 light green pencils, 4 dark green pencils, 2 blue and 1 black. Different brands that I picked up over time, shopping at various art stores. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY. What would work better for me when I sketch would be to have all my H pencils (2H, 4H, 6H, 8H) in one color, my B pencils ( 2B, 4B, 6B….) in a different exterior color and my blends (HB, F, H, B ) in a third color. This would help my poor little brain …..do you see how tiny the identifying lead numbers are on these pencils?
I must be due for a new sketch, it’s been almost 2 months since I completed Yanina.
Since I gotta start somewhere, I chose to start at the bottom of the figure on the paddleboard.
As I continued, it was all about erasing….you see…I have no sense of proportion, especially early on. The foot-to-knee took up more than half of the leg. Anyone know any tricks to help in the beginner stages to keep things in line better?
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- Donna n.e.e.d.s. to Draw
- Back to school Bird
- I <3 Moleskines!
- A sketch of a Person on a Paddleboard….fini
- A sketch showing some potential….part 4
- A sketch beginning to take shape….part 3
- A sketch with SOME proportional sense….part 2
- A sketch with No SeNsE of PrOpOrTiOn….part 1
- Time flies
- He Who Must Not Be Named…..travels to Florida
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden