April 18, 2011

Diver Done



Well, I had to go back and at least try to fix the back area.  Yes, even though I already shaded in the area and it was “passable”, it still bugged me.



I want to share a little tip I learned (don’t know where).  Take your little gummy-eraser and dab.dab.dab, as you blend.  It really helps to get that graphite blended, and it’s a wonderful way to smooth the whole area out.

Diver9_

Two more views of the diver-in-process.

Diver12

Had to go back in and adjust that neck line.  I can only see things as they should be in relation to the other parts.



Here’s my little diver-girl Graphite only.



But, my favorite part of sketching is this part.  Where I take my micron pen and outline the figure with permanent ink.  Helps me to see it better, and I think in the long run it will keep the boundaries in line.

Diver16

I really should give the photographer credit.  This picture was found here.

I think I made her arms longer than they should be and her “pike” position isn’t as piked.  This was a real fun picture to sketch.  I was a bit intimidated by the shadows the arms made on the legs.  I can see that I have to work on my graphite gradients…..those legs look like they belong to another person.

I think I’m avoiding drawing faces…..I’ve printed out another senior picture of my daughter and have yet to start it.

9 comments:

JP said...

Awesome.

jinxxxygirl said...

Just lovely!

Unknown said...

Holy smokes! This is FANTASTIC, Eden!!

lori vliegen said...

wow, eden! you did a magnificent job......wow, wow!!! terrific!!!
{note to self: i need to do some serious work on the ol' bod before i even think about putting on a bathing suit......i wonder if eden's gummy eraser trick will work on my thighs.....}
xox

Rebecca Anthony said...

I can't believe it WOW!! The contour and shadows are really incredible! You did an amazing job on this drawing!!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Wow, this is a fantastic drawing, all the shadows, highlights and graduations are so realistic. Well done Eden
Lee:)

Eden said...

You guys are so kind....even with obvious flaws you continue to cheer me on!! It's you I should be "Wow"-ing. Thank you so much!!

pedalpower said...

fabulous! I don't have a handle on figure drawing and shading as you do (I wish!), but like you, I love to add an outline. Seems as if I'm not done until I do!

Teddi said...

thanks for the blending tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden