October 7, 2011

Jen….the Gemini



I think I may start a new series….Zodiac Birds, haha.  Since my daughter is a Gemini and I’ve got many Gemini friends and relatives I thought I’d start off with this giddy type.



Markers can be so limiting!  Even though I prefer them….but the jeans needed some white-wash to them so out came the watercolor pencils.



Since Gemini’s are the sign of the twin, that lady in red up there is suppose to be Jen’s reflection in the mirror when she’s in split-personality mode.  Haha



This was a fun one to draw.  Haven’t drawn a cute little dog in a while and I love her purse.  Apparently, boots are going to be really big this year, so I thought I’d make her all vogue.  The hat was a risk, but I’ve seen a few of those out at some retail shops.  Love the iphone case!!  I don’t have a personalized case but then again, my parents have stopped buying me things a….long….time…ago!



I thought I could find a wooden paneled background for the wall in photoshop.  My version must not have one….so I had some fun with some other tools in there.  Now, I like this wall!

Jen-the-Gemini…..this one is On-The-Go….All-The-Time.  She has friends that she shops with, friends that she studies with, friends that she exercises with, friends that she walks her dog with and friends that she figures out the meaning of life with.  She can’t sit still.  Unfortunately, she sometimes forgets who she made plans with and when. But because she’s so fun to have around her friends forgive her this little flaw.  Talk about adapting, no one can adapt better, cuz she..is..smart!  She’s just a bunch of different people all rolled up into one energetic package.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I like the idea of a Zodiac series. Your birds are always such fun....and this one is so cute. (My grandson is a Gemini)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden