Progress begins when I realize where I am falling short.
Quote above was written by Amber at Writing through life
An under-rated accomplishment that I learned this year were the colors of the Rainbow mnemonic!! ROYGBIV…….the picture above only shows five of the Rainbow Colors: Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Violet….not shown are Yellow and Indigo
This post won’t have any art in it, other than the “art of photography”. I do enjoy taking decent pictures, and absolutely love being able to see them right away!! Yeah, Digital!!
I came across Hanna’s post where she wrote 86 creative things that she’s accomplished in 2010. Eight-six…..my-oh-my….I could only think of 27 accomplishments myself.
MIND…..art, blog, writing
- Participated in 2011 Sketchbook Project
- Drew 31 Birds and posted them with stories about their little lives
- Made 22 Doodle Directory pages each containing 8 doodle patterns
- Made 2 sets of Alphabet Doodles both lower and upper case. (am considering a third set)
- Made 30 Doodle Name prints for family and friends
- Made 4 Art-inspired gifts thru Walgreens
- Signed up and participated in a Beginning Drawing class this summer
- Completed 4 composition journals (only words no art)
- Embroidered Cardinal for college auction
- Started a Floral Embroidery Wall Hanging…. that I MUST FINISH
- Wrote 134 Blog posts this year (Thank you Sister Whit for the syntax and grammar help)….had 65 blog posts in 2009.
- Hosted 2 Giveaways
- Hosted 1 Contest
- Entered 2 bookmarks into a Bookmark Contest
- Interviewed by Eileen Berger about blogging
- This blog has 175+ followers…..I’m so grateful for each and every one of you. Just knowing that you stop by every now and then is a HUGE inspiration. I have enjoyed reading all your encouraging, funny, and kind comments. tHaNk YoU…ThAnK yOu
- Graphite Sketched from 6 pictures and drew to completion…..a first ***
- Photo Shoot for Hire x 2 (one with 4 children all under the age of 5…..now, that was interesting)
- Personal Photo Shoot of family member x1
- Created Photo Calendar for a relative. (I do this every year, and I’m always pleased with the results. But I never make one for myself! Too many choices for me and I'll have issues with being overwhelmed)
- Gave up carbonated sodas…. trying to drink more H2O.
- Worked-out 241 days
- Joined Master’s Swimming
- Traveled to see family 7 times (I find it important for my creative side to step out of my comfort zone and routine by traveling. I don’t have to go to TimBuckToo to get benefits, sometimes just a change of scenery with loved ones is all that’s needed.)
- Preparing to launch child number 2 to college in 2011 (recruiter visits all done, Yeah!)
- Donated more $ to causes (firefighters, schools, hospitals, salvation army). Charity starts at home!
- Friend-ing more people thru facebook….(still not sure what I think about it other than it being a public Bulletin board. Great way to find out about weddings, babies, re-locations, and causes though)
How do you stay balanced?