1. Composition journals again, 2. Houston Journal prior to marriage, 3. Journal papers, 4. Journals from eye level, 5. Marble Journals, 6. Me and My journals, 7. Black & White journals, 8. Top View 40, 9. Stack of 40 journals, 10. Favorite Pen, 11. Blue Duck on Journals, 12. Side View 40, 13. Pic of journals from 2 yrs ago, 14. Circle of Journals, 15. Aug 21 journaling, 16. Triplets
Yep, I journal. These are my journals, for my eyes only. I’ve told
my DH (Dear Husband) that he can read them any time he wants
(yawn/yawn), but to remember whatever I write there is so
passing and fleeting and to not hold me accountable for anything
I’ve written. Half of what goes on the page gets forgotten at
once. Think Brain Dump!
My journals don’t care if I have:
- sloppy handwriting (which I do, especially if writing down a
dream, or excited)
- a bad mood
- if my sentences run on and on and on.
- if i use imperfect grammar or can’t spell
- write letters that never get sent!
- draft letters that do get sent
- if I’m not so “nice”, so “kind”, so “pleasant”….reality check time
here, no pretense allowed! Whew! What a Relief!!
The Plus side of these books is:
- i may start off in a grumpy mood, but i usually don’t end up that
way! Yeah-hey! Much appreciated by those that live or work
with me, i’m sure!
- writing gives me insight. i figure things out as i go
- wonderful reference material for remembering someone new or
a fact that was interesting enough to write down that day.
- it lets me be me
- it’s never offended by my silence! When I neglect it for weeks,
months or years! Oh my!!
- lists, to do’s
- sometimes just the act of writing helps to Remind me later.
(in college i always re-wrote my notes)
- “stream of consciousness” writing
My current stash has 34 journals (+6 brand new ones bidding
their time). I like to include the start date and the finish
date. One journal i started while pregnant with my firstborn
Feb 1988 and finished March 1998. I guess in those 10 years
with 5 moves, and 2 kids, being a Navy wife with her DH
deployed for many months at a time didn’t leave me much
leisure after the kids were born. Too bad, cuz that would’ve
been an ideal place to record some of the kids sayings and
developments back then.
I stock up on the Composition Books when they are a buck
or less. I’ve tried decorating the covers and it’s not my thing.
So glad there are more color/pattern choices now than before.
Well, here you have it! My
To be destroyed upon my death! Cheery thought!
My Goal is to take some of these entries and do an Art Journal.
A Mixed Media journal. I just don’t have a clue where to take
my page though! Really must take a class……...
I will post a few of my favorite Art Journal pages from what I’ve
seen on Flickr, then you can see what all the fuss is about.
Be prepared for :
Lots of creativity! Lots of life! Lots of Color and Inspiration!
Lots of WOW!
Does anyone have any suggestions for an on-line class?
I’d really like to know what’s out there, and participate
in a few! Please post a link, even if you haven’t taken
the class but you’d like to.