October 4, 2009

Club Concept Winner

I just love ScrapGirls! I am in both of their clubs the ScrapSimple club and the ScrapGirls club. When this Collection (PinItUp) from Trish Yocum came out on January 1,2009 I fell in love with it. I knew just what I wanted to do. My DS is 20 now, and I have all his preschool and school pictures but I wanted to see these pictures in a LO of my own. So, first I put them into the Template from Thao Cosgrove's Gallery Template Collection and added his pictures until age 5 I wrote the year on each picture and I really liked it so far. But I felt something was missing. I looked and looked thru my scanned pics of Brad (i have about 50% scanned and jped'd now) and tried to find a picture I could use to extract only him and put him in this room. This is the best I came up with. He's about 7 here. His right foot was not totally in the original picture so I had to do some copying and cloning to get it to pass as a full foot in this Layout. I'm off today, did some cleaning first before I allowed myself to sit down with my first cup of coffee. I always have to get my Scrapgirls newsletter fix. And lo and behold! I almost fell out of my chair. There was one of my LO's featured in the newsletter! I am so honored. They have awarded me some ScrapMoney to buy more digi stuff. WooWho......off to the boutique! You can read the newsletter Here. (Scroll down a bit for my Layout)

1 comment:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Hi Eden,

I just found this post through a LinkedIn thumbnail on a current post. I didn't know you were a Scrap Girls fan too! I can't imagine, though, how you keep up with two monthly clubs. I love Scrap Girls and digi-scrapping.

Very nice job on the foot and layout :-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden