I’m using this drawing today because #1- you haven’t seen it yet……#2- It fits with the Biography theme since most biography covers have a face or a head on them.
I drew this last year from a picture of a quilt in the Master's Art Quilts book. The book is just loaded with visual cloth delights…..seriously! I wasn’t that happy with this drawing, so I shelved it. Sure wish I had a pic of the quilt that inspired it, but I don’t.
And here’s my list of Biographies that I’ve read recently (well, within the last 10 yrs) for List-It-Tuesday:
I love BIOGRAPHIES!!! Love them!! If I had my choice between two books about the same person, I would pick the Auto-biography over the Biography each and every time! Why? Because I want to hear what “they” say about their lives…not what someone else says about them. The really interesting stuff is in the details….always in the details.
- Open- an auto-biography about Andre Agassi’s tennis training and life from a young child through to retirement
- Steffi Graf
- Ronald Reagan
- Harry S Truman
- Dwight D Eisenhower
- Benjamin Franklin
- Bo Jackson- professional baseball and football player
- The Big Picture- auto-biography about Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon who performed a successful operation that separated two twins born joined at their heads
- Crashing Through- about Mike May, a highly successful entrepreneur, athlete, husband and father who undergoes experimental surgery to regain the vision that he lost in a chemical explosion at age three.
- What’s Your Excuse- auto-biography about John Foppe, born without arms, has faced obstacles-both physical and emotional-his entire life. While some see his condition as a debilitating handicap, John disagrees. "Our only handicaps are those mental and emotional ones that prevent us from participating fully in life
- Black Like Me- auto-biography about John Howard Griffin , a white man, who ran a social experiment. He altered his appearance thru makeup and a drug that would darken his skin’s pigment to help him look like a colored man in 1959. This story is about how he was treated and his thoughts during those 6 weeks.
Anyone else into Biographies???? I’d love to hear your suggestions.