October 31, 2010
Inspiration Picture from HERE
I had a “File Error” on my memory card. So, I can’t post my usual step-by-step process. Awww, shucks! But luckily the memory card wasn’t totally corrupted. That would definitely piss me off! But alas…..such was not the case….so I’m happy.
I’ll show you what I can. The ballet slipper was definitely a new one for me. But being the novice, I just try to make it look right….not exact.
Love the way ballerina’s point their feet!! Talk about flexibility, Wow!! I took ballet twice, only because my mom signed me up for 2 classes when I was 7. I showed some promise with the teacher until we had to run and “leap into the air” ….Well, I sprinted each and every time (even after I was told “this isn’t a race girls” )….that’s when the teacher focused her attention on some of the more graceful types!! Ahh, well!
I really wanted to give this ballerina broader shoulders, but that’s not the way she looks. So, I had to bring them in quite a bit.
I took this about as far as I could without driving myself crazy. You see, I didn’t add that little white line on her stockings that trail down the backside of her leg, nor did I spend much time on the fingers! And truthfully, if I wasn’t doing this for the Sketchbook Project, I would use a more graphite-friendly paper.
I thought it was time to try Colored Pencils. Yep, just plain ‘ole colored pencils.
As you can see, a pencil is a pencil and the colored pencils also show that darn stippling. So, I grabbed my watercolor pencils and just went over the area with them too. Don’t know if that’s allowed, but it worked.
To add more dimension, I outlined the girl with my finest point micron pen.
She’s similar to the original, not precise. It would be nice if I could use all colored pencils for a drawing like this. You know, show the real skin tone and all. Someday…..
I really should try to put some clothes on my people. So, I picked up this book the other day hoping to learn a thing or two from it.
Now, back to more practice….practice….practice.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Facing Forward……. in a Tutu
- Artsy Blogger Round Up……again
- One Meal-lion Doodles
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up …..Returns
- Facing Forward…..in Amsterdam
- Facing Forward …with a Doodled Face
- Halloween Birds go Trick-or-Treating…..
- Bookmarks R Fun!
- Bookmark Contest
- Another…..Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- Six Sayings…..in a Sketchbook
- Facing Forward…… but looking down
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden