October 9, 2010

Six Sayings…..in a Sketchbook

image

This sentence has been written in my personal journal more than a couple times.  But really…..it could be said by anyone, dontchyathink?   I guess…maybe, it all boils down to getting some clarity.

image

But….I couldn’t leave it all black and white ya know!!  Had to add some color!

image

Then I wrote out my excuse for not getting everything done that I’d like to. 

image 

This saying isn’t original to me, but it really resonated with me when I read this guest post by Marelisa from Abundance Blog.

image

This one is pretty self-explanatory!

image

Whatever you’re drawn to do, be it sing, dance, draw, paint, sculpt, crunch numbers, fix things, make people laugh, encourage people, council people, care for animals, build Tall Buildings, run faster or farther….it’s not going to go away.  It may be a clue as to what you’re suppose to be doing with in your life.

image

Life’s too short to be too serious.  And really….what better way to lighten someone up than to joke around a bit.   I know it works for me when I’m in a mood, and even when I’m not!

image

Well, thanks for staying with me this long….through all..these..pictures.  You know, that’s the secret of this blog, not a whole lot of content, but Lots-of-Pictures!

12 comments:

Effy Wild said...

Your sayings are awesome. I relate to the 'not liking people very much' part. I often quip that I prefer cats to people. ;) Your lettering style is wonderful! So vibrant and colourful and pleasing to the eye! I really enjoy having you in my RSS Reader. :)

Vicki Holdwick said...

This is very nice. The one about not "thinking like other people" is what I have felt since I was just a teen amid all that angst.

I think it is still true today, but these days I am quicker on the "maybe that is not a problem".

xoxo

Liberty said...

so awesome Eden!
I love your lettering (got some envy happenin' over here ;-) and I love, love the colour and all of the sayings!
I am someone who loves visiting blogs FOR the pictures, not the words, so I love that you include so many! My eyes drink them right up. :)
I love the way you did the word FIND, with those gently graded green boxes. It really 'pops'!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

OMGosh, how can you say there's not a lot of content to your blog? A picture is worth a thousand words. Since you do pictures WITH words, you score 1065 with this post! (Yes, I counted the words. lol.)

BTW, the final panel reminds me of a game board. The sayings are terrific. The Inspiration one really resonates with me. Lots of food for thought here. Thank you, Eden.

Unknown said...

I agree with Eileen- I love your blog and I love these images!

Dawn said...

ahh, but with your pictures IS the content!

Whoa. Deep, eh?

(lol)

rachel awes said...

i am thankful
you are in my tribe
& looove your inspiration
& how you follow it
& your unique voice
that is so thankfully
OnlyEden...
a beautiful collection/
much like your blog
& heart & soul.
xoxox

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post very much! love your colourful work.Your optimism!!love the saysings.

jp said...

This is a poster that should be in schools, gyms, offices, homes....

Cyndi L said...

I LOVE how you fit them all together! I mis-read the first one, and thought you were saying you didn't like other people, but then I read it right and loved it. I think it's the one I relate to the most :-)

ACreativeDreamer said...

I think it's wonderful!

Cherie said...

I did the same thing Cyndi did! LOL! (Reading too fast I guess.) These are wonderful. Thanks for sharing them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden