October 4, 2010
It all started with this picture that I bought for my daughters room a long time ago. I adore this picture, not only because it reminded me of what she used to do back then (at 4 yrs old), but because I love how those two little friends are comforting her. It speaks volumes!!
I was wanting to put some sketch practice in. I am much better at sketching the human form than faces at this time, so off I went to sketch a body in a similar sitting position.
This is the contour portion. If I get it wrong here, then the entire picture is off.
Lots and lots of shading and highlighting going on here. I don’t think I got the knees right. Ah well, nobody’s perfect!!
The head is a little squished….gotta fix that…..And if only….If Only…..I didn’t have to draw hands and
As you can see, the drawing is close….but a little skinnier than the original. But it gave me the practice that I was looking for, and heck you gotta start somewhere, right?
Pretty much just winged the hair. Blonde hair is so much easier than brunette hair and straight hair easier than curly. If you can draw a straight line, you can draw this type of hair. Absolutely not going to comment on the fingers and the toes….once again!
Not quite finished with this. Must color in the suit. Probably going to use watercolor pencils. I really like how they look.
This bugs me….I don’t know if its the paper (Fabriano 140 lb. watercolor paper) or the graphite, but I get this stippling effect which is really noticeable in the darker areas. I’m thinking it’s the paper. If anyone out there knows, please fill me in. Any suggestions to reduce this stippling effect?
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Facing Forward……. in a Tutu
- Artsy Blogger Round Up……again
- One Meal-lion Doodles
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up …..Returns
- Facing Forward…..in Amsterdam
- Facing Forward …with a Doodled Face
- Halloween Birds go Trick-or-Treating…..
- Bookmarks R Fun!
- Bookmark Contest
- Another…..Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- Six Sayings…..in a Sketchbook
- Facing Forward…… but looking down
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden