October 11, 2010

Bookmark Contest



The contest is not here….it's over at D'blogala.  You’ve got to hurry and submit your bookmark by Friday, Oct. 15.  I totally forgot about this, but thankfully Dawn posted a reminder recently.  She’s giving away this book that she recently published. 

Here’s my entry:



Since this is a “girl” Doodle diary book, I thought it best if I used some pinks!! If you've been following this blog, you know that pink and I don't see eye-to-eye when it comes to coloring things in.  I will wear it, just can't draw with it.  But since, I can draw with orange, reds and blues, I thought maybe pink would play well with these other colors, so far so good....I am relieved.



Looking a little bland here, had to spice it up a bit.



I thought the white lettering was a bit too boring.  But I was unsure how much detail to put in such a small area.

Bookmark

Ok, you’ve got to admit it, this has some detail!  Plus, it’s a little wild!   Good thing I cut some extra 2 x 6 inch pieces, because I may make another one, entirely different, of course.  This was a quick & fun doodle opportunity.  Now You....Go get your Doodlin’ On, and submit one for yourself.  What have you got to lose?

6 comments:

lori vliegen said...

this is fab-u-lous, eden!!! i especially love all of those little black areas that you placed in between all of the colors (and your pinks blended in beautifully!!).....it really helps to "ground" it!! i think you've got a winner here!!! xox, :))

Dawn said...

ooh i LOVEEEEE IT! I want to try toooooooo. Good thing I just love starting projects and not actually finishing them :) I agree with Lori, the black you added is PERFECT.

Anonymous said...

My journey brought me to your blog and I'm happy it did. This post let me into your creative process which is an awesome experience....in the true sense of the word. This is an unusual event.

I'm a dedicated doodler and will be visiting your site daily. If you don't have a post I'll just start exploring you others' blog list....should be a wild ride.
luvjean
jterry@xs4all.nl

aimee said...

that contest was made for you, doodler extraordinaire! i love it!!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great job!

Doodling inside the letters really made them pop. I wouldn't have realized that if you hadn't shown the before and after.

I love how you show progressive photos of your work. It really helps me understand how you get a certain look.

Juliette Crane said...

your artwork is so inspiring! i just love seeing the progression of this piece! i've always wanted to try adding black line details to my paintings. you've totally inspired me! thank you so much for sharing your art!

-juliette

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden