October 28, 2010
You heard right!!! That’s One Million Doodles. The “meal-lion” is suppose to be a take on an Austin Powers movie where Dr. Evil puts his pinky in his mouth and wants to be paid ONE MEAL-LION dollars to not blow up the world. That movie has some funny classic lines.
Sue over at Sue Doodles posted about this doodle challenge a few days ago, and I thought I’d give it a try. I’m a more structured doodler so I wasn’t sure how I’d approach this.
Here are the guidelines for the World Doodle Challenge.
The task is easy
1. You don’t need to be able to draw well. A doodle is meant to be whatever comes to mind.
2. You can doodle on anything, a blank piece of paper, a napkin, a post-it, a lined page, a note book anything at all.
3. Your doodle can be any size, the ideal size would be 5 x8 inches or what ever you like.
4. You can use one color or many and the doodle can be done while you are in a meeting, on the phone, watching television, on the train…. anywhere you like
5. The doodle can be of anything, what ever pops into your head. just pick up a pen and draw.
6. The important thing is you must date stamp your doodle and list which City and Country you are in.
7. If you are travelling you can submit doodles from multiple cities.
8. Scan your doodle or take a photo and e-mail it to me : firstname.lastname@example.org
9. I will begin to post the world doodles as I start receiving them (I anticipate it will take a while to kick off, with the first few trickling in)
10. Your doodles will eventually wind up in a world book, and will be used to support charities.
Had a bit of time to kill the other day as 10 inspectors walked into our lab to inspect our policies and procedures. I had to be at their beck and call as they asked questions and reviewed logs. Having given up my desk to a couple of inspectors, I didn’t know what to do with my hands…….so, I doodled on a scrap piece of paper. I don’t know if my doodle really counts as a doodle, because there are a lot of free-association words written down. Ah, well!
It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes Warren at The Doodle Daily to reach his millionth submission. I did my part, I hope YOU can too.
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Facing Forward……. in a Tutu
- Artsy Blogger Round Up……again
- One Meal-lion Doodles
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up …..Returns
- Facing Forward…..in Amsterdam
- Facing Forward …with a Doodled Face
- Halloween Birds go Trick-or-Treating…..
- Bookmarks R Fun!
- Bookmark Contest
- Another…..Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- Six Sayings…..in a Sketchbook
- Facing Forward…… but looking down
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden