October 18, 2010
I bet you didn’t know this but…..Birds get to go trick-or-treating too! At least on my blog they do!! LOL!
I came home from work the other day, with a bright idea brought upon by seeing all the Halloween decorations. Actually, it was more like a bit of reminiscing as I drove through my neighborhood remembering how fun it was to take my kids trick-or-treating!
Once I had a minute, I quickly scribbled out this drawing before I forgot it. My husband calls these birds “chickens” which I totally take offense too, but as I look at the draft…..hmmmm, he may just be right.
Here’s the birdie witch in the beginning. Lots of eraser usage as you can see.
Wanted to make the witches shoes black (like a normal witch would have) but had to color in with gray so that you could see the little pumpkin-birdie’s feet. Can’t you just tell how wound-up he is?….he just can’t stand still!
Don’t mark off too many points for the dimensions of the plastic pumpkin carrier! Kinda whipped that up. I really should go back in and use “white” in the black areas at the bottom of the dress where the handle is.
I debated with myself over the color of her skin. Should I make her “witch-like” with green skin or normal toned?? After all she is trick-or-treating with her child and she doesn’t want to scare the poor kid. But alas……since she’s not real, nor is her child…..the green witch won.
Heloise the Halloween Mom……She is so excited that her son is old enough to go Trick-or-Treating this year. Not only did she have his costume completed by October first, she even decided she’d dress up this year as well. A bunch of people gave them extra candy because her little pumpkin was so darn cute. At the end of the night when they were combing thru their loot, the little guy asked where all his M&M’s went…..cuz he was sure he got some.
What do you think happened to his M&M’s?
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Facing Forward……. in a Tutu
- Artsy Blogger Round Up……again
- One Meal-lion Doodles
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up …..Returns
- Facing Forward…..in Amsterdam
- Facing Forward …with a Doodled Face
- Halloween Birds go Trick-or-Treating…..
- Bookmarks R Fun!
- Bookmark Contest
- Another…..Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- Six Sayings…..in a Sketchbook
- Facing Forward…… but looking down
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden