October 18, 2010

Halloween Birds go Trick-or-Treating…..



I bet you didn’t know this but…..Birds get to go trick-or-treating too!  At least on my blog they do!! LOL!



I came home from work the other day, with a bright idea brought upon by seeing all the Halloween decorations.  Actually, it was more like a bit of reminiscing as I drove through my neighborhood remembering how fun it was to take my kids trick-or-treating! 

Once I had a minute, I quickly scribbled out this drawing before I forgot it.   My husband calls these birds “chickens” which I totally take offense too, but as I look at the draft…..hmmmm, he may just be right.



Here’s the birdie witch in the beginning.  Lots of eraser usage as you can see.



Wanted to make the witches shoes black (like a normal witch would have) but had to color in with gray so that you could see the little pumpkin-birdie’s feet.  Can’t you just tell how wound-up he is?….he just can’t stand still!



Don’t mark off too many points for the dimensions of the plastic pumpkin carrier!  Kinda whipped that up.  I really should go back in and use “white” in the black areas at the bottom of the dress where the handle is. 



I debated with myself over the color of her skin.  Should I make her “witch-like” with green skin or normal toned??    After all she is trick-or-treating with her child and she doesn’t want to scare the poor kid.  But alas……since she’s not real, nor is her child…..the green witch won.



Heloise the Halloween Mom……She is so excited that her son is old enough to go Trick-or-Treating this year.  Not only did she have his costume completed by October first, she even decided she’d dress up this year as well.   A bunch of people gave them extra candy because her little pumpkin was so darn cute.   At the end of the night when they were combing thru their loot, the little guy asked where all his M&M’s went…..cuz he was sure he got some.

What do you think happened to his M&M’s?

13 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

How cute is THIS?!?!?!? I love the green Mama Witch, and the little guy is so excited his feet aren't even touching the ground! Adorable!!! Hugs, Terri

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Adorable! What an inspired drawing. Of course I knew that birds would go trick or treating on your blog.

It's amazing how you captured the little guy's excitement with so few lines. I just love your doodle birds!

Kate Robertson said...

I love it, these guys are so cute. I just love your work.

Anonymous said...

OH YOU MAKE ME WANNA COLOUR! RIGHT NOW!

CIAO BELLA
THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING IN TO SEE ME AND WHAT I'M UP TO!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE this! I totally puts me in a Halloween spirit (and in a great mood!).

As far as M&Ms- I ate them. :)

Dawn said...

ahhhhhh so cuteeeeeeeeee!!!!! My friend's daughter just turned one a few months ago, and has the most A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E cuddly elephant costume. Bahh! I love that you showed your process, because your finished pieces are so amazing. Thanks for your encouragement over in my blog.

Anonymous said...

i am enthralled. i love your birds. i think they must trick or tweet, yes?

Eden said...

Thanks so much for all your nice comments!!

Ahhh Sue, you are so right...they are trick or tweeting!!

Chel- It gets harder to hide our treats as they get older

lori vliegen said...

your little birdies are so cute!! i'm glad they're getting a head start on their costumes.....and i'm loving the "witch green"!!!! xox, :))))

Janet said...

Your trick or treating birds are so cute in their costumes.

Cyndi L said...

Eden, I love your birds. Just too cute!

Cherie said...

This makes me want to pull my markers out and do some drawing. I love the colors in your work - very cute!

Linette said...

These are so cute! It puts me in the mood to draw, but I'm sure mine would not turn out quite this adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden