October 14, 2010
I have no idea what a bookmark and a pumpkin have in common except when I went outside to take this picture I thought they looked kinda cute together. Working on my alpha-doodling and came up with this little pudgy lettering.
You can see it a little better in this shot. Not being one to do ANYTHING without adding a little color, off I went with my rainbow pneumonic of ROY G BIV. For those of you new to this it’s Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo (purple), Violet (pink).
Had my doodle directory prints out for ideas, because I was going to need them on this next step.
The great thing about doing a background in just ONE color is…..you don’t have to think too much. You can just go with wherever the design takes you. No worries about shading/ highlighting, outfits for the birdies, “does the drawing look like the picture?”….you know…that kind of stuff!
This type of doodling is just sheer DELIGHT!!! Really! Give it a try if you haven’t already.
You’ve got one more day to submit your own CUSTOMIZED bookmark for the Bookmark Contest at D'blogala. Deadline is Friday 10/15.
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (123)
- Facing Forward……. in a Tutu
- Artsy Blogger Round Up……again
- One Meal-lion Doodles
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up …..Returns
- Facing Forward…..in Amsterdam
- Facing Forward …with a Doodled Face
- Halloween Birds go Trick-or-Treating…..
- Bookmarks R Fun!
- Bookmark Contest
- Another…..Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- Six Sayings…..in a Sketchbook
- Facing Forward…… but looking down
- Artsy Bloggers Round-up
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden