July 3, 2010

Craving Color

SONY DSC

I’ve missed my markers! What can I tell you? It’s two steps forward and then one step back here. My steps forward were actually using Graphite Pencils, my step back was running back to my marker stash first chance I got. Gotta have my color. My pretties! Pictured above are my Faber-Castell Brush tip markers! Love their vibrancy, their energy!

SONY DSC

There’s not much that makes me happier than outlining with the standard black Indian Ink Faber-Castell PITT pens! I can trust them to do the job.

SONY DSC

I don’t use the Sharpie Poster Paints as much as I’d like. I tend to forget I have them. As you can see they are of the broader variety. A bit chunky to carry around in my little marker-case.

SONY DSC

Talk about versatile! These Sakura Microns fit the bill. They have all sizes of nibs and a decent selection of colors. I only wish they sold them individually where I live because I tend to use one over and over. When the ink runs out I have to buy the whole set for just one replacement marker. I’ve only been in a few Art Stores that have their inventory set up to purchase these singly.

SONY DSC

Sharpie Ultra Fine Points…..they do everything and everyone has some. They are cheap and reliable. What more could I want?

SONY DSC

Bic Mark-its are another inexpensive & dependable marker. Staples will sell these individually but it’s not the ultra fine nib which I always prefer! Maybe someday they will.

Marker8

Here’s my little doodle’d Art Journal page for the day. A Mental Health Exercise!

Please tell me of other markers that you prefer. I’ve only got one COPIC marker, does anyone use these regularly? Are they worth the money?

10 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

Oh how I love all this art supplies! More importantly this piece came out really nicely. I LOVE the colors!!! I too would be having color withdrawals(O: Thanks for your comment on my caravan, I'd love to have you in for a beer(O:

Vicki Holdwick said...

I love your stash of markers! And really like the colorful "doodle".

xoxo

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I like Pitt the best, but sometimes use Sharpies. That's quite a collection!

I'm currently using watercolor pencils on my doodles. I'm into soft colors right now.

Love your sassy doodle.

Robin said...

Have you checked out Jetpens? They carry the Sakura Pigma Microns individually for something in the $2.25 range. (www.jetpens.com) Unfortunately for my wallet, there's always something new and tempting on this site. Plus, the people are really nice!

Love, love, love your work!

Serena Lewis said...

WOW!!! I am SOOOOOO envious of your pen collection! I love my Pigma Micron pens for sketching and zentangles but I only have them in black. Your art journal page turned out vibrant and beautiful.....EYE-CATCHING!

Kate Robertson said...

I love this piece, it is so vibrant. I love the quotes you used too. Your marker collection is so impressive.

My daughter uses the copic markers and loves them. She does Anime like drawings with them. She can layer colors really beautifully. She does use the copic paper though because I think their colors are so vibrant that they can bleed through regular paper. you can also refill them. If you want to know anything else about them let me know and I will ask her.

Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith said...

You can buy a lot of those markers as open stock from Blick.com. Not a big fan of the Micron brush markers - they smoosh way too quick for my tastes.

Janet said...

Wow! To both your pen collection and the doodle! I have some Microns and Sharpies and I have a huge set of Prismacolor markers. I would love to use the Copic but my wallet keeps groaning when I consider them!!

Darnita said...

For now, I'm a Sharpie girl! Just purchased the Caribbean collection.

BTW, I'm in awe over the doodle d'art. Which markers did you use for this one?

Anonymous said...

Jetpens.com sells sakura micron individually! here's a link: http://bit.ly/cufZW9

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden