July 19, 2010

You’ve got to meet Robin….

Robin- the Pediatric RN……She definitely has a calling for her profession. She shines in a crisis, you’ll see her very best come thru then. She has a way of putting everyone around her at ease during any storm. She absolutely adores the little people she sees everyday. She remembers the names of each of their favorite stuffed animals, their favorite foods and she shares many inside-jokes with the older kids. Why then has she quit 3 times since Christmas? Cuz each time she loses “one of her own”, she can’t take it! It’s her husband that has stopped her from actually saying “I Quit” each time. He knows she’s stronger than she thinks she is and sees how happy she becomes when her kids get better.

I will tell you right now, I am no Robin. I couldn’t do what she does. These people are the real unsung Hero’s if you ask me. They’ve seen it all. And they still get up each day and put on a smile as they enter the War Zone. God Love Them. Being really ill and then pulling out of it and finally feeling like yourself again, is no small task. Where would we be without the kindness of strangers?

Whew! On a lighter note…….I want to show you the difference between the scan colors and the real thing. Hopefully you can make some sense from the picture below. Scans are wonderful for scanning old pictures but sometimes with these drawings, it just isn’t up to the task.

The skin & hair on Robin-the-RN just doesn’t scan well. It appears splotchy and too pink, as you can see from the image on the left. Aw well….such is life!

Once I get my basic drawing done….I’ll trace over the pencil lines with my favorite Faber-Castell Pitt black pen. Then I get to sit back and be a kid again, as I color away!

10 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

Good morning Eden, it's such a pleasure coming here and seeing what kind of character you've created! I always get a kick out of your stories behind each piece & of course your colorful images make me smile every time!!

Jeanne Nelson said...

Ms. Robin-the-RN is great! Love the stethoscope and balloon; great art. I'm enjoying the stories behind your little birdies too. You've got tremendous creativity and imagination. Wishing you a blissfully creative day, Eden!

Julia Christie said...

Hi Eden,
This turned out so great! Your process on this piece is similar to the way I draw. I sketch, then the faber- castell pen, and then the fun begins with my colored pencils! I am about to try water color pencils and see how that goes.

Just loving all of your colorful chicks!

Smiles

Dawn said...

oh, i love this!! And yes, nurses are our unsung heroes in so many ways. I could never do it either!

lori vliegen said...

i so agree with you that nurses are angels in disguise.....and woo hoo......robin rocks!!!! i love her!! and those little knees are the absolute cutest!! heeheehee, you crack me up! xox, :))

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Aaaw, I love the way she's hugging that little guy.

I don't know how they do it, but God bless pediatric nurses ... and hospice nurses ... and intensive are nurses ...

How cool to take such a concept and make it bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing your gift with us ;-)

Anonymous said...

Goodafternoon!
I wanted to welcome you to creative carmelina!
I had to swing by....and I'd love to follow you as well...but I don't see a follow button?
Help!

I love what you do here...so fun and Like Rebecca said, it really does make one smile to come here!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

come again, anytime....!

Eden said...

Thanks so much for all your kind comments, they make me smile and laugh!!!

Carmelina....I just posted a Blogger Follow button to the right. Thanks for asking :D :D

rachel awes said...

i love robin!
& i love what you create!
it does hold a heart into happy.

Anonymous said...

Robin is awesome in every way!! Care-givers are a special breed indeed :)
xo
Gaye

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden