I was thinking a lot about color the other day and since I wasn’t inspired to “draw” anything (birds, people, doodle directory), I thought I’d do something simple and easy, but with lots of shapes I could color in.
I just measured out a bunch of rectangles and gave them a little dimension. Then I took a stencil and drew over the block series. I don’t know if you can tell, but the leafs have a different hue inside than the background blocks. Which is what I intended. This would be a better project for painting or those Watercolor Pencils, because then I could really adjust the hues accordingly, instead of relying on the marker selection of my stash. But, I like markers so this was fun!
So many colors, which one is your favorite? And….what does that tell us about you? For what it’s worth, I think we are far more complicated and can’t be defined in one to two statements. But this is harmless and fun, in the same way the Zodiac (your horoscope) is harmless and fun.
- WHITE: Purity, innocence and naiveté. Possibly a desire for simplicity or the simple life.
- RED: Strength, health and vitality. Red is often the color chosen by someone outgoing, aggressive and impulsive or someone who would like to be. Red is often chosen by people with open and uncomplicated nature.
- MAROON: It represents a well-disciplined Red personality. Someone who has been battered by life and has come through. They’ve grown and matured in the process.
- PINK: The gentler qualities of Red, symbolizing love and affection without passion. Maternal and protective. Pink people tend to be charming and gentle.
- ORANGE: Luxury and pleasure. A bit flamboyant and fun-loving but may have a tendency to over dramatize a bit.
- YELLOW: Happiness, wisdom and imagination. Yellow usually goes with a sunny and shrewd personality, with a good business head and a strong sense of humor.
- GREEN: Harmony and Peace. Green people can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, so they may get exploited by others.
- BLUE: Compassionate and Caring. Blues like to be admired for their steady character and wisdom.
- PURPLE: Temperamental, expansive, and Artistic. A Purple person may become aloof or sarcastic when misunderstood.
- BROWN: A Brown person has stamina and patience, tending to be very solid and substantial, conscientious, dependable, steady and conservative. Browns are not impulsive.
- BLACK: Dignified and impressive without being showy, Black people want to give the appearance of mystery, but their preference may also indicate a suppression of desires and worldly aims.
For more about what your favorite color says about you, click HERE.
Well, I don’t know about you but I see myself in about half of these definitions. Ahh, If only we could see ourselves as others see us. Or maybe not. LOL!
My favorite colors are Red, Green and Yellow. The full definitions of these colors are not me. Maybe at times, in certain circumstances, at different ages, on a holiday, when the stars are aligned, etc……Can I have 3 faves?
What’s your favorite color?