August 25, 2010

Sketchbook Project Moleskine….format

image

Here are a few pictures of what I’m doing with the sketchbook . From this post you saw that I’m using thicker watercolor paper and cutting it down to size. Then I’m gluing the finished piece into the sketchbook. I will be alternating the pages. In other words, every other page will have the watercolor paper drawing. The extra piece of paper is glue stick’d (is this a word?) to the back of the page with the watercolor drawing. So, even though the book has 40 pages, I will only have 20 pages of drawing. With the other 20 glued to the back side of the previous page. I’m rambling here…..it’s just hard to explain, but super simple to show you.

image

From the drawings inspired by Flickr, I re-sized the jpeg down, printed it on photo paper and pasted it to the opposite page of the drawing. Here I will credit the photographer and add an “artsy” touch of writing or doodling. I’m going to slow-journal or play with different writing styles to add some interest. This should be fun, and force me to stretch my alpha-hand.

image

Just another view of the pages so far.

If any of you are still wondering….”should I sign up for this project?” or…..”where will I find the time?” or…. “I want to but..”, I urge you to read this post at Abundance Blog by Marelisa that I came across today, titled “How One Hour a Day Can Change Your Life”. She says it much better than I can, and she’ll get you thinking about how you manage your time, it’s worth the 4 minutes to read it. You have until October 31st to sign up. Just click on the Sketchbook Project image on the right side bar to go to their site.

I physically started this project after my vacation, on August 8th. I’m now on my 7th page. I was pretty hesitant at first, but it’s moving along as it should. At a pace I’m comfortable with. Some days I have more time to work on it than others, but it has not been OVERWHELMING at all. Baby steps……b.a.b.y…s.t.e.p.s…..

image

And here’s just a little peek at the 7th page. I won’t tell you anymore, because I want you to come back and find out later. This one won’t be done until I return. Unfortunately I will be traveling out of town to attend a loved ones Funeral. Ironically, this picture fits because it looks like she’s ready to cry.

13 comments:

lori vliegen said...

your journal is looking fabulous, eden! i love how you're including your inspiration pieces, as well......it's always great to see a peek of your process!!
i'm sorry to hear the news of your loss......travel safe, sweet friend. xox

Unknown said...

I LOVE this so much- thank you for giving us a peek at your journal. I was wondering how you were putting it together. And you definitely made it seem do-able. I was assuming the book they sent was 100s of pages. You've done a beautiful job and I'm excited to continue on this journey with you :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you very safe travel and lots of peace, healing, and love. *hugs*

Julia Christie said...

This is all amazing! I want to do this project sooooo bad, but I am in the middle of moving and having school start for five kids - I just don't think I will have the time. I love what you are doing tho' and can't wait to see where the last page goes.

Smiles

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The journal is wonderful! It encourages me to see how much you have accomplished in this short time.

I'm off to check out Marelisa's words on How One Hour a Day Can Change Your Life. By coincidence, my resolution for 2010 was One Hour a Day for my Art.

Godspeed on your journey and godspeed for your loved one.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

P.S. I just got back from reading Marelisa's post. Could I be the next John Grisholm? Nah, maybe the next Grandma Moses...

Thank you for the link.

Eden said...

Thanks for the kind words, guys!!
And Eileen.....you CRACK me up!!

rachel awes said...

eden, this is such a PRECIOUS book!
once it's full, what do you do with such a book?!!! it's soooo special! will it sit
out on a coffee table? bedroom dresser?
carry it around w/you EVERYWHERE?!
i send all those pages lovelovelove!!!
(& a hug to you too, dear, as you are
on your way to a funeral). xoxoo

Rebecca Anthony said...

This is coming out So incredible Eden! You are moving right along. I can't wait to see your next page, this is so much fun to follow your journey.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a loved one)O: Thinking of you!

Dawn said...

Oh Eden! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :( I was wondering if you were using the other pages as well. I thought about gluing pages down like you were for my sketchbook, but couldn't bare wasting one side of the paper! So, to the hard work of re-binding it all :)

I love, love what you are doing. You are a constant inspiration, and hope you know that.

<3

Dawn said...

oh...and this portrait so far? awesome! For someone who says they can't draw...PSSHHHT! Go look at MY drawings!

I LOVE the eyes. Thats the hardest part, and you nailed it.

pinguino team said...

love it !
i love moleskin and i love your carzy colors.

Serena Lewis said...

Your sketchbook looks awesome, Eden! I considered signing up but I have so much on my plate right now....I'll think about it over the coming month as October 31st is still a ways off.

My sincere condolences on your loss of a loved one. xo

Anonymous said...

Your sketchbook is coming along beautifully Eden. Thanks for sharing your images and process.
So sorry to hear of your loss. Know that caring thoughts surround you and yours.
xo
Gaye

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden