June 17, 2010

A Bird in his right mind….

Clarence

Clarence- the Creative Cashier ….He’s definitely in his Right-brain, and he has been all his life. Funny, that with a name like Clarence you’d think he’d be a big time Lawyer, just like his Dad. But Clarence works as a cashier at the Art Store, where he’s a big help to his customers. He knows every type of art media and is very forthcoming with advice. He’s quite the asset! He’s very bright and has lots of ideas, his only problem is he can’t stay on task. He becomes too distracted. As a free spirit, this job is perfect for him. Once he can harness some self-discipline he’ll really make something of himself. …..I’m just saying

Are you tired of my birdies yet???? I’ve finally found a real-life art class, so hopefully I can put a little more variety into the next bird. I must admit, they are fun to draw and to hear about their little lives. I’m enjoying the slow-journaling I learned from Tammy (@ Daisy Yellow) when I write on my paper. Otherwise, my handwriting would be quite sloppy!

In case you’ve missed it, I’d like to introduce my little bird family.

I just realized I’ve drawn 18 of these guys! Eighteen!!…. and I’m not bored with them yet, highly unusual! But like I said, they have taken on a life of their own and are asking to be created or something like that! LOL!!

To be no one but yourself in a world which is doing it’s best to make you just like everybody else, means to fight the greatest battle there is or ever will be. - e.e. cummings

I’ve always loved this quote, because I find it so true. Really, how boring would the world be if we all thought the same, looked the same, did the same things? I try to limit my TV viewing, because after a couple of hours watching the boob-tube I feel like I have to be more like “her” or “her”. Visiting other countries or cities is such a good experience, it enhances our perspective on ways to live. All cultures have their norms, but freedom of expression is pretty cross-cultural, don’t you think?

Freedom of Expression……this is what ART is all about. We really don’t have to sketch the house with the straight lines, do we?…..we can put our own spin on it and do a less straight line version like this. We get to decide what colors we want to use as we draw or paint. We can choose to be more playful and draw a whimsical character or try our hand at something more life-like. Ahhh, the choices, the possibilities!! Endless!

10 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

I love your birds and I am definitely not tired of them yet. I am going to have to try this "slow" journaling. I forget to write with intention and it ends sloppy and not at all what I intended.

Love your blog,

xoxo

Janet said...

Not tired of your birdies!! They always make me smile....and Clarence is fantastic!! (That was my dad's name!)

Kelly said...

Fabulous doodles and wonderful saying - why does the world force us to want to be like everyone else when we can be ourselves??? I absolutely share your love of doodling. Thanks for sharing. I can't see how anyone would get tired of your birdies. Good to find you from the artist blog hop - thanks for adding your link.

lori vliegen said...

i love your bird family! and what i really love is that YOU love creating them! but it doesn't stop there......the whimsical identities and stories that you give each birdie are SO fun! keep on creating!!!

have a great weekend! xox, :))

Rebecca Anthony said...

Hello from GA! Thank you very much for your comment! I'm SO glad you visited me today because now I've found your blog. I am seriously in awe of your intricate work. The colors and details are unbelievable. I am so excited to see more. You inspire me(O:

Dawn said...

right on! I love the shot of you writing...the amount of patience (and lack of shaky hand) is amazing for those tiny little lines. I hope my line drawing ability improves with the more I doodle :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Keep doing the birdies. They are delightful. I enjoy reading their little stories.

I also love the colorful background of lines. You create beautiful art of such simple things. That would make a gorgeous fabric for pillows or a bedspread or tote bag ...

Cherie said...

I love the colors of these. Frame them and submit them to an art gallery. They are wonderful and I'm really enjoying these posts.

Creative Solutions said...

Love your birds, whimsical, cheerful and so colourful. How did you get started on birds?

Eden said...

Thanks Cherie and Creative Solutions.....I got started on these because I have seen so many other artists do their own version, and I thought I'd give it a try....then these Birds started to Talk!! LOL!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden