June 19, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

Be_

Some people come into your life……And your never the same!!!

Fathers teach their daughters that they are lovable and they teach their sons to be men!

image

My daughter took this picture a few years ago. I am always amazed at the eye she has for composition. Since this is one of my favorite pictures I thought I’d try drawing it. What a learning curve this was, whew!

image

Every year……gotta have my Beach time!! This is when I get to have some really good talks with my Dad! I’m pretty happy with the drawing here…..I know it’s not exactly what the picture shows, but it works…enough! I used watercolor pencils for everything but the outlines. Unfortunately at the time I didn’t have a good blue watercolor pencil, so I used markers on the sky. The thing about markers vs. watercolor pencils is there is not as much color flexibility to the markers. The highlighting and shading are much more difficult unless you have a huge color-variety stash and knowledge of such things.

image

I am NOT HAPPY, with this part of the drawing! I used the Faber-Castell pitt brush pen and had no idea it would show these streaks! Next time, I’ll have to use a marker that’s more opaque. Like the Copic Markers! Or a similar off-brand.

And Another big Happy Father’s Day to my main man! He’s my rock! Love this man!!

PSE4: -BKGD PAPER: KSC Restore 12x12 Solid Golden -CIRCLE: TCS ArtJournal Paper Biggie -SQUARES: TCS Naturescape Solids Paper (some recolored) -BHA SS Emb Exp Passport Stamps Biggie (all dates) -SG Relax WordArt SNU Smiles (recolored) -SG Relax WordArt MJO Hangtag-Tradition FONT: CK Ali's Hand Official

Digital Elements used for this Layout found at Scrapgirls.

4 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

This is so special, I think it came out beautifully!!

Janet said...

I think your picture came out great!! I'm sure the photo holds special memories and now you have re-created them.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love your drawing/watercolor. It has such a soft pretty look.

Liberty said...

I LOVE that drawing/painting Eden!
I think it's wonderful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden