April 25, 2010

I think I’m a Birdie-junkie…..

image
I’m having so much fun drawing these little guys!!  They just crack me up!!  This one is Terri the Tennis-Chic, in honor of my Ten years playing ladies tennis!  I so enjoyed this sport!  I always thought I’d get back into it when the kids didn’t need me so much.  But beginning it as an adult, it consumed a lot of my time.  Time which now has found other outlets!  Thank God, cuz I was pretty uni-dimensional then!! But Oh, did I have fun!

image
I did a couple new things here!  I put more elements in the background than I usually do, I think it helps keep the interest on the subject.  I also, was too lazy to go grab my watercolor pencils, which forced me to make the hair out of markers, which turned out o.k., i guess.  I had to put the “P” (for Prince) on the racquet since these were the only racquets I played with.  I probably would never have been caught dead wearing a little cutesy-dress like this but lots of ladies who played were “oh-so” fashionable.  They always looked adorable, too!

image
Terri- the Tennis Chic………..She is a young mom who has finally found some fun adult company while learning a new skill and getting plenty of exercise.  You’d think that playing 2 hours of tennis that day would wear her out, but not Teri….when she goes to get the kids in the nursery she has more energy and is more engaging!  She’s a better mom for having her own outlets        other than being kid-focused 24/7.  

…………….Trust me I know!!!……………..

Terri goes along with the bird friend series from this post.  I forgot to do an editorial like this on SheilaBunny, and Patty.  I hate that their stories are going un-sung!  Ahhhh well, such is life!!

5 comments:

chel said...

I love it!! :)

Janet said...

Your birds are so cute! And I love that Terri has a story with her picture.

Mandy said...

What a pretty little birdie! I love to see your workspace as well!

lori vliegen said...

what a colorful smile this little birdie series is!! and i love it that you're having so much fun.....even more fun than playing tennis!!! keep on doin' what you love!! :))

~Trema~ said...

Very neat! I love handmade crafts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden