April 27, 2010

Art Essay

Art Essay

I’m working on my lettering because you never know when you may need to know a few different fonts or styles. Actually, I really want to write like Aimee or Lori or Dawn . I don’t have much imagination when it comes to writing things out. An “A” is an “A” is an “a”, which is what I used to think until I saw all the cool artsy-words on Flickr and Blogs. So, being one that gets bored rather easily I had to try to change things up a bit. This is the result.

Copied from my journal 4/23: Art- I don’t claim it, it claims me!! I’m analytical, logical, practical. I don’t see myself as all that artistic…and yet it’s there. It shows up as I’m rearranging (misspelled this word on piece- Ugh!!) furniture, shopping for clothes or people watching. It’s the interesting and the novel that I’m drawn to. I’m the safe one, the grounded one, the first-things-first type. Then Art comes over and keeps me up drawing all night. It must be allowed to have it’s space, it's freedom, it’s time. It requires attention and energy, but it’s like a slingshot and you get something in return. Art is more about process than product. I’m about Product!!

image

I used a series of lines drawn a bit diagonally across the page. Then used my watercolor pencils to fill in each space, later using water to blend the pencil lines. Of course, a floral stencil in the center. Gotta love those stencils!!

And last my desk, (pic idea from Geninne who is an amazing artist and takes really cool pictures)

p.s. I really don’t stay up all night drawing!!!

6 comments:

Marthann's Musings said...

I love this post. You think sort of like I do. Love the bright colors and whimsical quality. You are so clever.

chel said...

I love this so much :) I love the way you journal.

Kelly said...

Great post. I love your lettering.

Jenipher Lyn said...

Thank you for sharing about this. This is just lovely! I really appreciate you sharing how you create. It's very inspiring!

have a lovely day!
Jenipher

adele said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Superb

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden