I seem to need to balance my sketching with color! It was color time.
I wonder if I’ll feel that way if I actually start sketching in colored pencils….hmmm…
The image that inspired this drawing is from flickr……one of my favorite resources
It was hard…but I only allowed myself to use these Faber-Castell Pitt pens…no Sharpies nor Bic’s allowed.
Picked up this button while at a sports event about 8 years ago…..I need this gentle reminder….so easy for me to just keep my head down…and to the grindstone. Just the way I’m made.
I like the negative space apparent to show the word here…Ideally I didn’t want to outline that word, but could not see another way around it for this drawing.
I’m happy with how this turned out. I like the vibrancy of all that color balanced with the black and white on the other side.
I am a huge fan of BALANCE.
- I need to balance my Duties-----with Freedom
- My Work-----with Play
- My Creativity-----with Analysis/ Science
- My Color-----with Negative Space
- My Research/ Study-----with Vegging Out.
- My Losing it-----with Finding it….passion!
And here are a few of the posts I’m referring to:
- Creative Carmelina- Finding Balance
- Daisy Yellow- What is your focus?
- Shutter Sisters- Equal Day...Equal Night
- Zen Habits- Change Muscle
- Christine Kane- Let your body teach you about balance (from 2009 but a good post)
- Jeff Goins- How to improve your writing in one counter-intuitive way (2 mos ago)