April 9, 2012
This is my inspiration picture for this drawing.
Contour drew the dancer in…..and listened to how she wanted to be drawn. I’d already decided she wasn’t going to be sketched.
I wanted to draw flowers like Alisa Burke, (all free-handed). I almost did them all that way.
My idea was to make the figure BOLD (using markers) and the background soft (using watercolor pencils).
It took a lot of restraint to keep those background flowers all light in color. I would’ve rather they were more vibrant….but the point of the picture would’ve been lost.
This was fun! Still in my whimsey- color- mode. May just stay this way for awhile.
- ► 2013 (75)
- Growing Pains….Stalling
- Growing Pains….Subsiding
- Growing Pains….in the legs
- Growing Pains….colored pencils
- Vitruvian Man….Modified
- Vitruvian Man….materializes
- Vitruvian Man…manifests
- Inspiration Outing
- Stopping and Asking for Directions….
- Left vs. Right
- I Dance because….
- Who Does Your Hair?
- Balancing Botanicals
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2011 (123)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden