February 27, 2011

Say Cheese…again



Well, I got the other two smiles done.  I think this was a good exercise in imitating the picture dimensions.  I like that I only worked with half the face.  I can see so many things now that I’m through that aren’t quite right.  Why do I only see them at the “completion” phase?  Sure would be better if I could see it earlier, when I am still working the picture.  Possibly, because I’m concentrating on other things; such as getting the shading right (you know making it 3D).

 

This one was more difficult than I thought it was going to be….after all I didn’t have to draw teeth!  But that chin just perplexed me time and time again.  It’s another picture of a head with a slight turn.  Which I can’t seem to see correctly.  This was the first time I have done a mustache and I pretty much just winged it!



The pictures resemble who they are but, I can see so many little tweaks that would make the drawing more accurate.

Smiles

I had to go back to the colored version for the male drawing.  I just couldn’t see where to shade if I didn’t.



I think I’ll do the eyes and foreheads of these same images next…….then I’ll cut them up and tape them together!  Just Kidding!!

I’m ready for some color now!!  I need a no-brainer activity.

5 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I hate drawing teeth...my hat is off to you. Nice work, Eden!

Rebecca Anthony said...

Well done, very impressive work Eden!!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Excellent! The mustache must have been a challenge.

Seeing the smiles all on one page made me think of those flip books we had a kids where you try different lips or eyes or chin one one face. The results could have us laughing for hours.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

I wish I could draw faces that well Eden, I think you have done a wonderful job. And I like the idea of the foreheads mismatched with the bottom halves. That would be funny
Lee:)

Eden said...

Ahhh, thanks guys for all your nice comments.

@Eileen- I love those books! That would be a real hoot to take different feature from each family member to create a whole new person. Ahh, just think of all the different combinations :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden