* Image from Keri Smith; go http://www.kerismith.com/blog/how-to-feel-miserable-as-an-artist/
It was time that I actually did an Art Journal page. I really enjoyed doing my Psychodelic and Notes and a Doodle pages and these pages give me a chance to use my doodle directory!
I thought I’d write out the above statements about How to be Miserable as an Artist, which has been seen around the blogosphere for awhile. I think that these statements apply to more people than just those who make Art, it applies to everyone. However, I really don’t like the negative tone of these statements, so I thought I’d turn it around.
I limited myself to 6 little flower petals.
Just playing with color combinations and pattern here.
So, I changed the whole concept from “How to be Miserable as an Artist” to “How to feel Excited about your Art”.
Just a pic of my 5x8 watercolor moleskine with the completed page. The pic below is scanned.
How to feel excited about your Art:
- Never compare your work with others.
- Keep quiet about your Art, don’t expect others to see your vision, your way.
- Your entire career is never based on a single piece.
- Go out on a limb and try new things.
- Value your experiences.
- Push your boundaries even societal ones.
- Don’t just follow the money, you’ll burn out.
- Work on what you love, never mind if others like it.
- Work on something besides what your Boss wants. (Boss used here as Customer, Client, Gallery Owner)
- Realize it’s all just Baby Steps, Baby Steps, Baby Steps.