March 11, 2011

It’s show time….



It’s show time…..for a bird that is.   I really like to outline my bird pages first, prior to coloring them in.  However, I didn’t do the hair because I didn’t want it all black.  I also, didn’t outline the spotlight- light in the background because that would’ve made the light an entity and the light isn’t an object, it’s more of an observation.

Patsy2

Picture from my phone and it’s a bit blurry, sorry.  If I were to color this gal in again, I would have put her in a Flashy Red Dress, and doodled the heck out of it inside…..(why do i forget that I can embellish the material?)  Ugh…next time!

Patsy3

This little bird is really quite flexible….can you imagine having your feet go in one direction then twist your torso around to hold and play a guitar?  Wow, very impressive!



Patsy- the Performing Bird…..She’s always been the confident sort of kid growing up.  She had all kinds of friends, who were just drawn to her.  One day, out of the blue she told her parents she wanted a guitar.  For months she quietly taught herself how to play and to sing.  She even organized a band with her more musical friends.  She doesn’t even get nervous when she plays in front of people, she just enjoys it.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again….I think our talents find us!  As long as we have an open mind, a willingness to try new things (even when we’re scared) it’s best to follow the bend of our preferences.  I guess I’m lucky, because I was allowed to explore lots of different things growing up….the only expectations were to “do my best”.  But kids don’t always have access to the extra-curricular classes they may have wanted to pursue when younger.  Sometimes what we enjoy later in life is something that we didn’t have time for earlier in life.  Or we weren’t in the right mind-set.  So, what are you waiting for?  Go out learn what you’ve been dying to try for years or decades.  We get to explore whatever we want now.

Thank God we are not all on stage (or American Idol) as we learn new things!  

10 comments:

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Marvelous post-On my blog I just wrote a post about a teacher who inspired me. You are so right I have learned so much now as a 'grown up' and what a delight it has turned out to be. While I still do the visual arts I have started writing as evidenced by my having a blog, but my Word program is starting to collect short stories as I learn to write all these stories that have gone around in my head for years and years. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the encouragement it has given me.
Johnina :^A

Jm said...

I love her

Rebecca Anthony said...

This is awesome, bigs smiles over here!

iHanna said...

Patsy? When I first saw the sketch I was thinking: susan boyle! but now I see this gal is a bit younger! :-)

lori vliegen said...

heeheehee......your little birdies always make me chuckle!! i love the way the heels on her shoes are anchored on the crossbar of the stool she's sitting on!! she is the perfect new addition to your birdie family (and i hope you've already started a book for these cuties.....the stories that go with them are precious, eden!). happy doodle weekend to you!! xox

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Patsy is plumpalicious. I love her.

What you said about now we get to try what we want ... I've been thinking that the internet is really starting to fill the gap left by so many schools cutting their art budgets.

We can find tutorials and how-to videos on just about any project or skill we want.

Thanks for contributing to this wonderful online resource, Eden, and encouraging all of us to push our personal boundaries :-D

Eden said...

Wow! You guys are so generous with your kind comments!

@Johnina- You are following your star with your writing! Going to stop by and check you out!

@Hanna- Susan boyle would've been PERFECT...but I had to find something that started with a P for performing or G for guitar....wait...I wish I would've thought of Susan the Singing Guitarist!!!

@Lori- I just never know what bird I'm going to do next, this little guy was inspired by my son who has been playing in front of crowds lately.

@Eileen- Don't you just love the internet and all it has to offer? Definitely not passive entertainment that's for sure!

A'n'G Johnson said...

Just found you through the artist blog hop, and I'm so glad I did! I've had a lot of fun poking around your creative and inspiring blog.

if you have time and interest, I would be honored if you would consider joining a community art project I'm trying to get off the ground:

http://acommunityartproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/project.html

I could extend the due date some also.

DynamiteJ said...

ohh this one is marvellous ! and what a twisted body that bird has, it's very unique, please continue with the good work :)

rachel awes said...

i love patsy SOOOOO....
i can only imagine HER music!
your birds soar, dear. xooxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden