January 29, 2013

Mandela Mania



I think it’s good for me to keep up with my markers.  When I do, I am better at color selection… that’s for sure.



Needing “something to do with my hands”, I grabbed the ‘ole compass and circled up the page.



I’ve misplaced a few of my stencils so I had to ad-lib a bunch here.



Every now and then, I get into a drawing….I choose a color… then I go “Ugh, why did I think that would look good?”  That’s how I felt when I looked at the pink dollie-forms to the right.



Win some…lose some….moved on.



My favorite shot in this series….Right here.  You can see a bit of the detail starting to be developed.



Just a fun, colorful piece.   As you can see….I colored over that yucky pink with olive.  Can’t ever give up on a piece…cuz a little color change here or there can redeem itself.

13 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Amazing!!! I just love it when you decide its 'Marker Time'! Hugs! deb

Mary said...

So very pretty...makes me want to pull out my markers!

Eden said...

@Deb- "marker time"...you crack me up!!
@Thanks Mary :D

Gwen said...

Hi Eden: I LOVE what you do with colour! I thought I was the only one craving colour excitement in January but I'm glad to see you and others feel the same way. Keep inspiring us please.

stefanie stark said...

Super-beautiful-great!!! I am so fascinated about your Mandela-Mania! Please continue with this fantastic art work!

Anonymous said...

Your work simply amazes me. You make doodling into the most beautiful works of art.

Anonymous said...

I also love it when you work with your markers & make mandelas! Gorgeous colors.
Thanks for sharing.
Grandma Nancy Sapp

Eden said...

@Gwen @Stefanie @Boo @Nancy....Wow!! Thanks so much for your encouraging words!! Markers R Fun :D

Sandrine said...

So gorgeous as usual. I love to see how you add dots on colors

Ildiko said...

very hypnotic! i mean wonderful :)!
those colors are so bright!is it some special marker?

Eden said...

@Sandrine @IIdiko...thanks for your colorful and kind comments :D

cyndee said...

beautiful, and so colorful.

Samantha W said...

(pupils dialate)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden