As much as I love to blog and frequent my own blog to see how my latest color-sketch dimensions are really playing out on a piece….I’ve become quite sick of me!!
To infuse this blog with some entertainment and creativity I’ve asked 5 artists from varying backgrounds to be interviewed throughout this month. I’m very excited about their work and their agreeing to be put on the spot here.
I’d like you to meet a very talented Artist….Lori Vliegen. I came across Lori’s blog (elvie studio) a couple of years ago and I was captivated. She has an incredible way with word art! Lori also draws very cute, fun, imaginative figures, from pots, flowers and adorable little houses to thumb print people.
1. What word best describes your art/style?
2. What advice/quote do you respond best to?
"always follow your heart"
3. How has your work evolved?
My mom taught me to write my name when i was a little girl, and I've been nurturing a true love affair with the alphabet ever since. I've spent so much time studying the letters, though, that i really didn't have any idea how to combine them with some artwork. So, about five years ago, I began taking a few local workshops and some online classes to learn how to draw and watercolor. I still have lots to learn, but I'm having a blast going through the process!
4. What interests do you have other than "art"?
Spending time with my family, eating a really good bar of Belgian dark chocolate, watching "Downton Abbey", using my camera, sewing, baking brownies, decorating our home, riding my bike, and window shopping in my collection of “pottery barn” catalogs.
Above image from blog post: http://elviestudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspiration-monday_16.html
5. What is your favorite blog post or piece of art that you'd like to share?
My pottery barn journal. You can see a video peek inside here: http://vimeo.com/50724979
Thank you Lori for taking the time to answer my questions and to share your Beautiful Artwork and calligraphy. Doesn’t Lori’s work make you want to write big colorful words in your journals too! Or take your favorite quote and display it for all to see!
Please check out the links below which will lead you to more of Lori’s work.
- Interview with Artist….Janet Briggs
- Gorgeous Graphite Girls
- In Watercolor….Figure 1
- Interview with Artist….Lori Vliegen
- Figure 3….Standard Pose
- Graphite Girls
- Interview with Artist….Sheila Arthurs
- Figure 3….Strengthening Color
- Figure 3….Started
- Interview with Artist….Rachel Awes
- And she’s done….Figure 2
- Interview with artist….Julie Leuthold
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2011 (123)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden