October 19, 2012
Ahhh….the Standard Pose….we learn it when we are becoming more self-aware…you know around 8-10 yrs old. Rarely do I see pre-schooler’s standing like this unless they are mad at someone.
Personally, it’s my favorite way to stand…but I guess if I’m listening to all the psychology talk then I must be very hard to approach when standing like this! Not such a bad thing!! Haha…just kidding!! I guess I could put my hands in my pockets and play with my keys and my coins….just make a racquet….but that’s not my style.
It takes me a few days to figure out my colors…I was having a very hard time layering the green for the top.
Totally ad-lib here….or rather ad-draw!!
I was introduced to a new product this week…these ebony pencils by Prismacolor….Very dark, very cool, very inexpensive. I’m outlining here. My .005 micron markers have dried out and I’m a bit bummed because I didn’t use them that much. Must’ve been a faulty lot.
People respond well to the jeans!! They like all that color and all those creases! I like them enough…but after doing three pairs of jeans….I’ve become rather bored with them! I’m going to have to fix that seam under the zipper! I didn’t realize it was so light….looks rather dorky!
This is what I saw in my head before I started the series! Actually when I took these pictures I was trying to replicate a picture I had seen on pinterest….where a woman was holding flowers and she had jeans on…..Well, the flower shots were a complete waste of time! Way too staged for my tastes. I finally dropped all props and just stood still.
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Interview with Artist….Janet Briggs
- Gorgeous Graphite Girls
- In Watercolor….Figure 1
- Interview with Artist….Lori Vliegen
- Figure 3….Standard Pose
- Graphite Girls
- Interview with Artist….Sheila Arthurs
- Figure 3….Strengthening Color
- Figure 3….Started
- Interview with Artist….Rachel Awes
- And she’s done….Figure 2
- Interview with artist….Julie Leuthold
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2011 (123)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden