October 18, 2012
I love it when a friend asks me to draw something for them! And when I asked “do you want it in color?”…..she said… “Oh, No! Black and white please”.
It’s been 6 months since I’ve drawn anything in graphite. I guess I’m liking the colored pencils. My art teacher said that I may find that my colored pencil time may help my graphite work….but not necessarily the reverse.
I knew what I needed to do to make the pupils right….but I got a little cocky and didn’t wait to use my circle template….my punishment was erasing and erasing! Ugh!
The original picture has a very dark background and both of these cute ladies have dark hair! I get to interpret their head shape any way I want to! Haha!
The advantage to the dark hair is the ability to veg out while getting that graphite down. To balance out that dark hair….I’ll need to strengthen the shading in the face.
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Interview with Artist….Janet Briggs
- Gorgeous Graphite Girls
- In Watercolor….Figure 1
- Interview with Artist….Lori Vliegen
- Figure 3….Standard Pose
- Graphite Girls
- Interview with Artist….Sheila Arthurs
- Figure 3….Strengthening Color
- Figure 3….Started
- Interview with Artist….Rachel Awes
- And she’s done….Figure 2
- Interview with artist….Julie Leuthold
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2011 (123)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden