October 4, 2012
I was quite happy that most of this hand was hiding!
Made way more folds than the actual picture….but I think it looks more interesting this way.
Realized….that if I’m ever to match clothing or skin…I have to sketch the pictures together…..(i.e. work on them at the same time).
Also realized, that when trying to draw complicated parts (like the hand)….it’s ok to hint at dimension, color and shading. I don’t have to sketch in all the details.
Because the fingers aren’t showing, it allowed me to not “have to” match up the tendons and veins with the fingers….I was off the hook!
It was suggested that I use blue on the arms and such to bring in the shading/shadows. But when I used blue, I hated it!! It looked muddy to me. After some erasing, I went back to my comfort colors….reds, pinks, fuchsia.
I’m liking this illustration board and the larger sizes. So far…so good
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Interview with Artist….Janet Briggs
- Gorgeous Graphite Girls
- In Watercolor….Figure 1
- Interview with Artist….Lori Vliegen
- Figure 3….Standard Pose
- Graphite Girls
- Interview with Artist….Sheila Arthurs
- Figure 3….Strengthening Color
- Figure 3….Started
- Interview with Artist….Rachel Awes
- And she’s done….Figure 2
- Interview with artist….Julie Leuthold
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2011 (123)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden