As much as I love to blog and frequent my own blog to see how my latest color-sketch dimensions are really playing out on a piece….I’ve become quite sick of me!! Haha. I use this blog as a learning tool, and since I’m in colored-pencil-sketch-mode I’m sure the variety and inspiration that others stop by for has been a little waning. I stop by to learn, you stop by for inspiration.
To infuse this blog with some entertainment and creativity I’ve asked 5 artists from varying backgrounds to be interviewed throughout this month. I’m very excited about their work and their agreeing to be put on the spot here.
I’d like you to meet a very talented artist….Julie Leuthold, my flickr friend. I was drawn to her work immediately. She has a wonderful way with color and has many varied pieces of art. From watercolor flowers, to yoga girls & blue jean girl series and her latest mixed media paintings. I’m so glad she’s shared a few of her amazing pieces with us today.
I asked Julie a few questions which she agreed to answer for this post.
1. What word best describes your art/style?
The word that nearly everyone says when they first see my artwork is....."It makes me HAPPY". I refer to my artwork as "Hidden Joy". I hide the word "joy" in each piece. People love looking for it.
2. What advice/quote do you respond best to?
The one word I try to live by...."Be Kind".
3. How has your work evolved?
I started painting in watercolor about eight years ago. I am self taught. My father was an artist, I think I inherited his talent. Recently, I moved into acrylic and multi-media. My new creations are quite unique. I use a variety of patterned doodles with pen and paint, stones, crystals, gesso and as many ways to get different textures. People often say it reminds them of Gustaf Klimt, which of course is an awesome compliment.
4. What interests do you have other than "art"?
I love to walk outside in beautiful Bellingham, WA. Whether it be on the trails through the parks or along the waterfront. I just love to walk and talk with my husband or friends.
5. Where can we find your work?
Julie has begun selling her work. If you’d like to find out more about a piece or to see if something is for sale please go to her flickr page.
Shared art at www.flickr.com/julieleuthold
If Julie’s art doesn’t give you inspiration then I don’t know what will. Check out her flickr photostream to see what I mean.
Thank you Julie for taking the time to answer my questions and to share your Beautiful Artwork
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (30)
- ► 2013 (75)
- Interview with Artist….Janet Briggs
- Gorgeous Graphite Girls
- In Watercolor….Figure 1
- Interview with Artist….Lori Vliegen
- Figure 3….Standard Pose
- Graphite Girls
- Interview with Artist….Sheila Arthurs
- Figure 3….Strengthening Color
- Figure 3….Started
- Interview with Artist….Rachel Awes
- And she’s done….Figure 2
- Interview with artist….Julie Leuthold
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2011 (123)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden